Windows 10: Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms

Discus and support Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there restored an old W8.1 system so I could create a 3 HDD storage space thing to REFS. Then restored W10 pro system. It still had the HDD's as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, May 10, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms

Hi there

restored an old W8.1 system so I could create a 3 HDD storage space thing to REFS.

Then restored W10 pro system. It still had the HDD's as REFS -- I had to do it that way as W10 has removed REFS file creation although read/write still supported.

Even over a 5GB wifi network was getting around 140 MB/s (not 140 Mb/s) copying files from Linux NAS to the Windows system. With NTFS getting around 75 MB/s so about half speed.

Local copying -- up to around 600 - 800 MB/s

So Ms what's up -- why did you kill REFS file creation facility on W10 Pro even though READ / WRITE on existing REFS HDD's is supported -- or are you hobbling W10 Pro to get people to go Enterprise or W10 Workstation.

Anybody from Ms here -- any answers.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms

1. Windows Refs file system -- mega improvement PLEASE BRING IT BACK Ms - Similar Threads - Refs file system

2. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  3. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Bring back system info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bring back system info: I recently updated to the latest version (20H2) and I pressed win+pause to go to the control/system and guess what! It redirected me to the new settings app. I can't even go to control panel, it literally says "There are some new features here" like they are forcing you to...
  6. When will MS bring back Homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When will MS bring back Homegroup?: I have a simple home network: desktop, my laptop, my wife's laptop. I cannot get them all to see one another. Sorry, but I do not have the patience to go into arcane setting and services to adjust 150 setting options. This seems to be among the most obvious things an...
  7. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  8. Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms PLEASE bring back ISO's again: Hi there This "update in place" mechanism is a PAIN if it fails during the process -- this means you actually have to restore the previous image of your OS (if you have one), remedy the error and start again. Mine failed because I was nearly out of HDD space for the OS...
  9. Resilient File System (ReFS)

in Windows 10 Support
    Resilient File System (ReFS): Source: Technet Windows Server Library Resilient File System Overview Published: February 29, 2012 Updated: November 1, 2013 Applies To: Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 This topic describes Resilient File System (ReFS), a new file system...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...