Windows 10: Windows reinstalling itself by itself

Discus and support Windows reinstalling itself by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just received the following note from one of my customers who is better then the average PC user. (As you may be able to tell) Anyone heard of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Dec 15, 2015.

1. cfourkays Win User

Windows reinstalling itself by itself

I just received the following note from one of my customers who is better then the average PC user. (As you may be able to tell)

Anyone heard of this?
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING BEFORE????

I have been using Win 10 on my Lenovo Flex 14 for (2) or (3) months now.

I walked up to my computer last night and, out of the blue, it decided to totally reinstall Win-10.

This process started by itself with no human intervention. It was just like the original install taking over (2) hours with the big circle on the screen showing the % progress as well as the various reboots along the way. Also the process completed with no screen ever coming up for the user to accept licensing terms and conditions.

After the install finished it did mess up a few file associations ... .PDF’s were associated with the Edge Browser (go figure?)

When first booting up after completing the install, it came up with the usual screens ... “Hi Tom” ... ready, and setting up a few things ... etc.

When opening Edge, I could definitely see it was a fresh install, because it prompted regarding importing bookmarks from IE Explorer.

Also, it wiped out my search indexes ... they are being regenerated now

Windows reinstalling itself by itself [​IMG]

:)

cfourkays, Dec 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 reinstalling by itself

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to identify the cause of the issue. We appreciate your effort.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Lady Juse Win User
    Windows 10 reinstalling by itself

1. No, I did not make any changes

2. This issue re-occurred for both today and yesterday, when I had this issue first.

3. Yes.

It also looks like it wasn't a virus because I did a scan when it happened yesterday and it didn't see anything that could be a problem

Lady Juse, Dec 15, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

Someone apparently just received the 1511 update... *Smile

AndreyT, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Definitely sounds like one of the updates was applied.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows reinstalling itself by itself - Similar Threads - reinstalling itself itself

2. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  3. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  4. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. An online service keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An online service keeps reinstalling itself: I had a new ssd installed on my computer, I downloaded epic games and fortnite without knowing that I downloaded it on my C drive rather than my D drive, I transferred everything related to epic games and fortnite to drive D, once I finished transferring all of the files...
  6. An online service keeps reinstalling itself

An online service keeps reinstalling itself: I had a new ssd installed on my computer, I downloaded epic games and fortnite without knowing that I downloaded it on my C drive rather than my D drive, I transferred everything related to epic games and fortnite to drive D, once I finished transferring all of the files...
  7. Windows 10 reinstalls programs by itself

Windows 10 reinstalls programs by itself: Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home, which recently came from a repair which reinstalled the operating system. I always uninstall a lot of the junk that comes preinstalled with Windows, such as Paint 3D or xbox related stuff that I will never use. Today my Internet...
  8. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.: I recently bulk updated drivers on my PC (Graphics cards, my drawing tablet, my audio devices, just general maintenance) and all went well. This morning Windows showed an option to "update and restart" when I tried to put it to sleep. Thinking I missed an update (was running...
  9. (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

(US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.: I'm having issues permanently removing US English from my computer. I live in Canada and only want to use the Canadian English option, but no matter what I do US English returns. It's mostly the 'ENG' taskbar icon that I find annoying. Is there a way to remove the icon or US...
  10. Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself: Hi, I am not sure if the should have gone in the Drivers/Hardware section or not, so I posted to the general section. Also, this isn't really a problem confined to Windows 10, it occured with Windows 7 as well. But here goes. I have an ASUS PQ5Pro motherboard with an...