Windows 10: windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home

Discus and support windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys , as the title says I am not able to connect remotely to windows 10 home edition even disabling the target pc firewall. I have no issues in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gundja, Jul 7, 2017.

1. gundja Win User

windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home

Hi guys , as the title says I am not able to connect remotely to windows 10 home edition even disabling the target pc firewall. I have no issues in connecting to other pcs.i am connecting on a local area network using windows in built remote desktop

thanks

:)

gundja, Jul 7, 2017
  2. tdaveny Win User

Remote Desktop Connection to Windows 10 Home - Unable to make

I purchased several Intel NUC Computers with Windows 10 Home - Was assured by Intel & Microsoft that as Remote Desktop is part of Windows 10 Home and I will have a full blown remote capability.

I followed and double checked all posted configuration settings for Windows 10 to allow to connect to it

Attempting to connect to Windows10 Home using several Windows 7 Pro systems , I am unable to make that connection

Microsoft Support claims that it is possible using Remote Desktop Connection on a Windows 7 Pro computer to connect to Windows 10 Home - I cannot manage to do that

Some Microsoft documentation suggests that one cannot connect to Win 10 Home using Remote Desktop

So which is it ? Is it Possible or Not ?

tdaveny, Jul 7, 2017
  3. DebDoud Win User
    Why can't I connect to my Remote Desktop with my new laptop with Windows 10?

I can connect at home to my Remote Desktop using my old laptop with Windows 7, but using all the same router, etc. cannot connect with my new laptop whicih has Windows 10. Everything else works - my internet connection, etc. It's just the Remote Desktop
    connection which does not work from home. However, when I take my new laptop into my office, I AM able to connect to the Remote Desktop!!! What's wrong here?

DebDoud, Jul 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

That is correct, I'm afraid. The ability to allow Remote Desktop connection to this computer is not available in Home.

Compare Windows 10 Editions & Versions | Home & Pro

Bree, Jul 7, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    On network, you can use VNC. Off or On you can use Teamviewer.

bro67, Jul 7, 2017
  6. gundja Win User
    thanks this clears out any doubt I have been experiencing concerning win 10 home.

gundja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Remote desktop cannot

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. Remote Desktop connection on windows home??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop connection on windows home??: Hey guys I wanted to know if I could connect to vps from my windows 10 home edition I heard that we can’t use Remote Desktop connection on home edition but when I search Remote Desktop connection on my home edition search bar it pops up Is it only that on home edition, I...
  4. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  5. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  6. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  7. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  8. cannot connect to remote desktop ,

cannot connect to remote desktop ,: I always use remote desktop, today will not work , says my windows 10 needs an upgrade to windows 10 pro ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-remote-desktop/6fd2c790-c0c6-4e88-bd87-bc1046958b07
  9. Cannot connect with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect with Remote Desktop: After the recent update on Windows 10 pro. I am unable to connect via remote desktop. I have tried both from a PC using the internet external to my router and to the LAN side using my phone app and from another PC on the same LAN. I get the same message: Remote Desktop can't...
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066