Windows 10: Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Discus and support Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Motorama, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Motorama Win User

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

So after trying to share files in my network I created a Homegroup with my other Windows 10 computer - where the Internet works fine.

The problem computer is just a media center designed to run Kodi. I had no user account yet. So I created a password for my "default" account and changed the computer name.

After a lot of reboots and password changes I managed to connected both computers and am able to share files.

However internet connection ceased to work.

Edge, Internet Explorer, App store, Windows system (I tried to connect to iDrive or create a user with my msn credentials and it reports no internet connection).

However, there's no "triangle" warning on the task bar. Network diagnostics reports it's all good, local private network has internet access.

I tried uninstall driver, reboot, tried to reset DNS tables = via netsh and other tips I've found here. Nothing.

No internet connection, but local network is fine, and every other computer in the house has internet connection just fine.

:)

Motorama, Dec 25, 2016

2. Connected to ethernet but Windows not totally convinced

The powerline adapters are fine, they are as they were before the problem occurred. It was just when they dropped out I noticed Windows was suddenly reporting the network state correctly. So when connected to a network but not the internet, it reports
    it is connected but not to the internet. When connected and connected to the internet, it reports it isn't connected at all.

Captain Dumpy Thumbs, Dec 25, 2016
  3. My wifi is connected but no internet connection displayed by chrome

Hello,

One of the possible reasons for your concern with an internet connection issue could have happened due to outdated or corrupted drivers. We found a helpful article that resolves most of the related concerns. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you nine options or method to resolve this issue.

Keep us updated for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

Having similar issues. It's actually making me want to go back to Windows 7 I'm that annoyed with it.
    I haven't actually used the internet since I upgraded to w10!!!!!

I have a connection to my router but the "no internet" message next to it. All other devices that are connected work fine.

I used to be able to have a wired connection and my PC would find it and connect straight away. No password required. WiFi worked just as well with w7. But since the upgrade I've not been able to update drivers, windows or do any web search at all.

All troubleshooting within windows gets me no where.

Someone must have a solution to these issues. There are tons out there if you 'google' them.

Any help to this or the original post much appreciated

theblueflash, Dec 26, 2016
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Tried resetting the network adapters?
    Start Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset >Reset now > yes to confirm > reboot PC's and let the OS sort it out.
    No guarantees but sorted a similar problem out here after everything else failed, worth a try if nothing else worked.

clam1952, Dec 26, 2016
  6. I tried removing all known networks before and re-entering the one I use but that didn't help. Didn't see the network reset. That did the trick. Thank you very much. Lots of Windows update to wait for now

theblueflash, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection

1. Windows reports Internet connection is fine, but no real connection - Similar Threads - reports Internet connection

2. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  3. Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.: Windows 10, settings says I am not connected to internet, wifi or Ethernet, some apps[m.s. weather says no connection] but yet I can surf, send receive email, steam movies on tv. Your phone app connects sometime....
  4. Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.: My explanation : Whenever I start my computer laptop, Dell I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a...
  5. Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine

Windows claims "No Internet" for my Ethernet connection, but the connection works fine: When I access the Network and Internet settings on my PC is states that I'm not connected to the internet even though it works perfectly fine. I originally discovered the issue when I couldn't connect to the Xbox Live servers to play the Halo Master Chief Collection on Steam....
  6. Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet connection is fine, but Windows cannot connect to the update service.: Hello, After updating to Windows 10 1909 I cannot use Windows update. Internet connection works fine, but when I check for updates, I get the following error message: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still...
  7. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection": I receive a message when starting the Solitaire Collection that I am not connected to the internet. But I am able to browse any website and LAN settings inform that I am connected. I tried the Internet Connections Troubleshooter, reset the Microsoft store, reinstalled the...
  8. Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access"

Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access": As today I resumed my PC from hibernation, the network icon in taskbar reports with yellow exclamation mark. In Network and Sharing Center it reports no Internet access via Ethernet, and Private Network. However, Network Adapter shows clearly Ethernet is running normal...
  9. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...: I'm really tired of this. Solitaire Collection reports I am not connected to the internet even though I can browse any website, even though LAN settings reports I am connected. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store using wsreset as an administrator. I have tried the...
  10. Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection: Hi I have a Windows 7 Laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. About a week after the upgrade the Internet Icon and the Wi-Fi page in settings have been falsely reporting that I have no internet connection. Yet I am on the internet. I can use Chrome and all other...