Windows 10: windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10

Discus and support windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My pc goes directly to "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" I clicked on Advanced Option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options and selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGGalvan, Aug 25, 2018.

1. MGGalvan Win User

windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10

Hello,

My pc goes directly to "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc"

I clicked on Advanced Option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options and selected Command Prompt then did the following:

Typed c: hit Enter.

Typed dir and I can see the files

Typed cd \windows\system32\config and received message "The system cannot find the path specified"

Typed sfc /scannow pressed ENTER and received the message "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation"

Nothing seems to work. I really appreciate it if you someone can provide any ideas.

Thank you.

:)

MGGalvan, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Slartybart, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

axe,

Before I retire for the morning and before I forget:
    - a few sites suggest running SFC in Safe mode to resolve the Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation issue.

It doesn't seem as though that would make a difference, but it is easy enough to try.

skeetz,

The install.wim file should be in the sources folder on the thumbdrive you created.

windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10 [​IMG]

Rather than try and find it, please download a fresh ISO from Techbench

Scroll down to the ISO download section

windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10 [​IMG]

- make sure that you select the drop down picks that match your system
    Your system specs are sparse I can't tell

Edition: Windows 10 (probably)
    Language: English (possibly)
    [ 32-bit Download ]
    ??? --- or --- ???
    [ 64-bit Download ]

Press the correct bit-depth button to start the download

When it finishes downloading, just mount it (double click)

look in the sources folder to make sure you see an install.wim file

If you don't see it, select all in the File Explorer window,
    Select Copy Path on the Home menu (ribbon)
    Then past the copy into a post.

No rush skeetz ... axe might want to continue with things in already motion ... I'll defer to him
    I'm hitting the hay - it's 05:30 here

Thanks all.

Slartybart, Aug 25, 2018
  4. windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

After System File Checker completed you would have received one of the following messages:

•Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

•Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

•Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

•Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Which message was received?

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10

1. windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10 - Similar Threads - resource protection perform

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation: [ATTACH]System File Checker is a utility in Windows Operating Systems that helps users repair the corrupted System Image files. If System Image files are corrupted, your computer will not function properly and you will get errors with some programs or apps. System files...
  5. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: hello microsoft comunity, i recently tried to run sfc /scannow becuase my settings crashes when i press in and i cannot use my settings tab on my windows and when i did run the sfc /scannow the this message appeares " Windows Resource Protection could not perform the...
  6. Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation: This cmd was typed outside the pc?, I'm unable to enter the home menu itself. The pc failed to do auto-recovery and I'm now stuck with limited space of x:\. I tried to do sfc /scannow and the error message pops up Windows resource protection could not perform the requested...
  7. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  8. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I have a problem with bad image and i have seen that how to solve that is to do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Right now i am stuck in 84% and it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help me and if you have another solution to...
  9. Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation: I managed to receive a couple of blue screens after updating Nvidia driver to 388.13 so I rolled back and then things went calm again , but then Windows came up with a notification that my C: disk needing a scan and if I should schedule one upon restart , it took roughly 2...
  10. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation: Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread....I am also having problems with SFC /SCANNOW as mine stops at 20% with this error Running SFC /SCANNOW stops at 20% with error Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 20% complete. Windows...