Windows 10: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Discus and support Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread....I am also having problems with SFC /SCANNOW as mine stops at 20% with this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by skeetz, Jun 7, 2016.

1. skeetz Win User

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread....I am also having problems with SFC /SCANNOW as mine
    stops at 20% with this error

Running SFC /SCANNOW stops at 20% with error
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 20% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Other things I have tried

1. Checked Windows Modules Installer and it is set to manual

2. Ran all 3 DISM codes
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    and got No component store corruption detected. The operation completed
    successfully for all of them

3. Ran diskpart and volume list and found no windows directory
    file is attached as well as my sfcdetails

I'm running Windows 10 Version 1511 Build 10586.318

Is there anything else I could possibly try....thanks in advance

:)

skeetz, Jun 7, 2016

2. windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

About four hours ago I had performed a windows update (there were none and it indicated your device is up to date) and then I restarted the notebook and ran into problems where there was a persistent message that windows in updating with rotating dots and
    do not turn off the computer. This persisted for more than 30 minutes. The computer was then powered down. At boot it indicated that windows did not shut down properly and then booted to the log on screen. The windows password was entered and it opened
    to desk top.

So far there are no new performance problems.

For months there were two windows updates that had failed to install and yesterday they both installed. Windows updates was running smoothly all day today and had indicated that there were no new updates other than for windows defender. These updated smoothly
    with windows updates.

These are the windows updates that had failed for weeks or months that were successful updates yesterday Jan 31, 2017: windows updates on 1 31 2017.PNG

For routine maintenance I often run sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. After this new problem with the thirty minute message after clicking restart I then used administrative command prompt and ran sfc /scannow. It made verification
    progress up to 72% then displayed that windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth was then ran. It then progressed up to 14.9% and displayed error 1392. The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

A batchfile.bat was then ran. This was the batchfile: batchfile.zip After it completed Sfc /scannow was run again and it produced the same message. Dism restorehealth was run again and this time it made progress
    up to 15.2% and displayed the same error, 1392.

This is today's administrative command prompt: administrative command prompt 2 1 2017.txt

This is today's CBS log (C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log): CBS.log 2 1 2017.txt

This is today's DISM log (c\windows\logs\dism\dism.log): dism.log 2 1 2017.txt

This is today's windows defender scan: windows defender scan 2 1 2017.PNG

This is today's malwarebytes scan: malwarebytes scan 2 1 2017.PNG

This is today's MSinfo32: CBS.log 2 1 2017.txt

This is today's eventvwr: eventvwr on 2 1 2017.evtx

This is today's attempted windows powershell ISE windows update log with error 2147023504: Windows Powershell ISE windows update log error the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable error 2147023504 on 2 1 2017.txt

On this computer there are important files and software programs that I need to maintain.

What could have been done if anything when there were greater than thirty minutes of rotating dots with the message that windows is updating and do not turn computer off? The update history displays no new updates since jan 31, 2017. A windows update
    now displays your device is up to date. How come it was displaying that it was updating without updates? How come it was stuck for more than thirty minutes?

How come DISM online cannot get the files to fix the new corruption?

What can be done to keep the software programs and files and fix the corruption?

questions_, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

"SFC /SCANNOW" fails at 60% and log shows the following

2017-03-07 13:33:52, Info CSI 00003839 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:19]'PSGet.Format.ps1xml' of Microsoft.PowerShell.PSGet,
    version 10.0.14393.576, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

2017-03-07 13:33:52, Info CSI 0000383b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18]'PowerShellGet.psd1' of Microsoft.PowerShell.PSGet,
    version 10.0.14393.576, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

I have tried running SFC from Recovery which also fails at 60% and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" which completes with no errors.

"winver.exe" shows "14393.726" but the scan log shows "version 10.0.14393.576"

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major Minor Build Revision

----- ----- ----- --------

5 1 14393 693

I don't notice any issues with my system but I would like to correct this issue is possible.

IlJuniorlI, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Ohwell Win User

You could download and reinstall the ISO from Windows 10 herunterladen and then click on 'Download tool now' near the bottom of the webpage...follow the prompts. All you are doing in downloading and installing/overwriting the OS again. I have used this procedure several times in the past 8 months, and will do this procedure on all devices before the free update to 10 finishes the end of July 2016

Ohwell, Jun 7, 2016
  5. skeetz Win User
    skeetz, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Ohwell Win User
    Hi again skeetz.
    I would suggest you create a mirror image of your entire computer hard drive, something you should do on a regular basis. (AOMEI, Macrium free, or ms own system found in "Control Panel/System and Security/Backup and Restore (Windows 7)", left hand side of the window..."Create a system image". Personally I use Macrium Reflect free...a great program. You can and should back up your personal files, again on a regular basis. You are going to install the ISO and keep all your personal files. The same procedure you used to install win 10Pro(if you upgraded from win 7 or 8.1 Pro). If your computer came with 10Pro, still the same...'keep all your personal files', see clip attached. Disable antivirus programs before starting. I have Home and Pro devices...both my Pro devices have corrupt 'sfc' due to ms inability to correct since Nov 2015....but various sources say 'they' are working on it. That is why I intend to install ISO before the 'free' upgrade expires. Any questions, I will be available all day (UK time zone).

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation [​IMG]

Ohwell, Jun 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Jun 7, 2016
  8. skeetz Win User

Hi Ohwell,

Thank you kindly for that info and your time....much appreciated !

skeetz, Jun 7, 2016
  9. skeetz Win User
    Hello axe0,

Here are my screenshots as requested...thank you

skeetz, Jun 7, 2016
  10. skeetz Win User
    I will hold off on reinstalling windows until you have a chance to look at my ss

Thanks!

skeetz, Jun 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please enter following in an admin command prompt and make a screenshot of the entire command prompt.
    Code: diskpart list disk sel disk 0 list partition[/quote]

12. Please copy the entire CBS folder into a compressed folder and attach it to your thread.

I'd like to see your Disk Management using the custom mmc I created.

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console
    You'll get an output similar to this:

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation [​IMG]

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Thanks

Slartybart, Jun 7, 2016
  13. skeetz Win User

working on both requests...be back soon...just got home from work

skeetz, Jun 8, 2016
  14. skeetz Win User
    here is the diskpart report

skeetz, Jun 8, 2016
  15. Slartybart, Jun 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - Similar Threads - Resource Protection perform

2. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  3. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  4. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation: [ATTACH]System File Checker is a utility in Windows Operating Systems that helps users repair the corrupted System Image files. If System Image files are corrupted, your computer will not function properly and you will get errors with some programs or apps. System files...
  5. Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: hello microsoft comunity, i recently tried to run sfc /scannow becuase my settings crashes when i press in and i cannot use my settings tab on my windows and when i did run the sfc /scannow the this message appeares " Windows Resource Protection could not perform the...
  6. Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation: This cmd was typed outside the pc?, I'm unable to enter the home menu itself. The pc failed to do auto-recovery and I'm now stuck with limited space of x:\. I tried to do sfc /scannow and the error message pops up Windows resource protection could not perform the requested...
  7. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  8. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I have a problem with bad image and i have seen that how to solve that is to do sfc /scannow in command prompt. Right now i am stuck in 84% and it says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help me and if you have another solution to...
  9. windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Windows 10: Hello, My pc goes directly to "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" I clicked on Advanced Option > Troubleshoot > Advanced options and selected Command Prompt then did the following: Typed c: hit Enter. Typed dir and I can see the files Typed cd...
  10. Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation: I managed to receive a couple of blue screens after updating Nvidia driver to 388.13 so I rolled back and then things went calm again , but then Windows came up with a notification that my C: disk needing a scan and if I should schedule one upon restart , it took roughly 2...