Windows 10: Windows Resource Protection has found corrupted files even after DISM

Discus and support Windows Resource Protection has found corrupted files even after DISM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This started when I started playing games on my laptop . The game just randomly crashed and a dialog box containing bad image error showed up. I did an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SW1P3R, Sep 23, 2017.

1. SW1P3R Win User

Windows Resource Protection has found corrupted files even after DISM

This started when I started playing games on my laptop . The game just randomly crashed and a dialog box containing bad image error showed up. I did an sfc scan and it showed there were corrupt files present. I did DISM and restarted the Laptop but in vain . The error is still present. Please help me solve this
    Thanks in advance

:)

SW1P3R, Sep 23, 2017

2. Service registration is missing or corrupt / Windows 10 will not update and generates Error 0x800706be

What was the output something like Windows resource protection found corrupt files for #1 and for DISM no component store corruption detected

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 23, 2017
  3. KB3140743 Failure

I would like to know the outputs of SFC and DISM?

Similar to

Windows resource protection found corrupt files

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please first check your disk:
    1. Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

2. If ok, now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Sep 23, 2017
  5. What DISM command did you run? Try

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Run this command as administrator
    If this doesn't work, you may need to download an ISO image that matches your Windows maintenance level. We can discuss that if the above command doesn't work. Note: Be sure to include the blanks in the command. This is easily overlooked.

TexasBandit, Sep 25, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Should do those I suggested first, then any repair actions.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  7. SW1P3R Win User
    I ran the exact same command. I restarted just to make sure but the error still remains. I did the sfc scan prior to the restart. It just shows the same error

SW1P3R, Sep 25, 2017
  8. SW1P3R Win User

Windows Resource Protection has found corrupted files even after DISM [​IMG]

SW1P3R, Sep 25, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Ok, you have the option of trying to use DISM, when you might find this (below) useful, provided your PC boots.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    - See post #2 for a helpful utility.

If you become satisfied DISM can't help, then proceed to an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data and most settings.
    Installation Upgrade Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    Before doing that, please advise your current build:
    Windows key + R, winver.

Could you please delete two of your 3 almost identical posts above? - easier to follow this. Thanks!

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  10. SW1P3R Win User
    I'm so sorry about this I don't know how to

SW1P3R, Sep 25, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member

- above your post when you click Edit Post

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

Insert the windows 10 iso into any USB port.
    Open file explorer and view the windows 10 iso.
    What is the letter for the drive?
    For step 6 - 8 please change letter D if necessary to the letter of the windows 10 iso and see if any of the dism commands can fix the problems with the windows.

Please post the administrative command prompt results with any error codes for these commands:
    Or use a camera or smart phone camera to take a pictures and post images into the thread.

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /limitaccess
    6) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

The webpage changed the colon followed by the letter D to a smiley face:
    The characters were separated so that you can see what the command is when properly entered:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth / Source: wim: D: \sources \install.wim:1 /limitaccess

7) DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:L:\Windows /LimitAccess
    8) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess

9) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Resource Protection has found corrupted files even after DISM - Similar Threads - Resource Protection has

2. Windows resource protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows resource protection found corrupt files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HuFHIfdRCLjDokqd05Wh0Z39wZgmdCAM?usp=sharingThis is my cbs.log file. I did an sfc/scannow and it told me windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Reason for me running the scan is because my...
  3. Windows resource protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resource protection found corrupt files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HuFHIfdRCLjDokqd05Wh0Z39wZgmdCAM?usp=sharingThis is my cbs.log file. I did an sfc/scannow and it told me windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Reason for me running the scan is because my...
  4. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files that it was unable to fix. What should I do? Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Error log 2020-11-28 15:46:17, Info CBS TI: --- Initializing Trusted Installer ---2020-11-28 15:46:17, Info CBS TI: Last boot time:...
  5. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files": I am running Windows 1909 (Build 18363.836. I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower. Everything was running fine, until last night. I restarted it like usual, but when I was logging back into Windows, I was met by a "setup wizard" style screen that asked me to log...
  6. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files": I am running Windows 1909 (Build 18363.836. I recently bought a Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower. Everything was running fine, until last night. I restarted it like usual, but when I was logging back into Windows, I was met by a "setup wizard" style screen that asked me to log...
  7. windows resource protection found corrupt files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows resource protection found corrupt files.: hi joydep sarkar when running dism/online/clean up -image /restore health i got error windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them details were inlcuded in cbs.log.i am running windows 10 1903....
  8. Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files

Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files: This Win10 Pro 1903 desktop began to display signs of instability. SFC /SCANNOW indicated problems. I ran these commands as suggested in another TenForums discussion: Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow chkdsk...
  9. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...: Ran SFC , found some errors . How to proceed ? CBS.rar C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...
  10. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...: Ran SFC , found some errors . How to proceed ? CBS.rar C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...