Windows 10: Windows restarts when I shutdown

Discus and support Windows restarts when I shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 1709 CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roomtemperature, May 10, 2018.

1. Windows restarts when I shutdown

CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock

MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS

The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer restarts instead of shutting down.

I have tried disabling "fast startup", and "automatic restart" upon system failure, updated all my drivers, but nothing helps. Event viewer does not have anything noteworthy. There are some warnings about the bluetooth and lan devices, so I disabled them but the problem still persists.

This problem of restarting instead of shutting down only happens within ~5 to 10 minutes of powering on my computer. So if i power on my computer, and click shutdown immediately or within 5-10 minutes, the computer will not shutdown but restart. However, if I use my computer for longer than ~10 minutes or so, I can shutdown no problem.

Some interesting troubleshooting events. If I disable "automatic restart" upon system failure, when I shutdown, the computer does not restart actually. Instead, the screen turns off, and the OS turns off, but the motherboard is still on, and all fans continue running. The only way to start up again is to hold the power on button on the chassis to shutdown and then power on again.

:)

roomtemperature, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows restarts when I shutdown

1. Windows restarts when I shutdown - Similar Threads - restarts shutdown

2. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  3. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD: Hi so got this problem for weeks and did some trouble shooting like turning off C-State/Unchecking Fast Start up somehow it improves 2-3hours without restart mostly it is between 30mns-1hr and 30min. It started when id changed my CPU because the one i changed has problem that...
  4. PC RANDOM RESTART/SHUTDOWN with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  6. Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up

Repeated sudden shutdown and restart during boot up: Looking for help and advice on the following issue:Currently my system would shutdown and restart unexpectedly. During start up it would repeatedly turn off with a click sound from PSU? and restart during the boot up process usually not getting past the boot logo - after 4 or...
  7. How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?: Hi, i tried to fix this my self searching a solution online but nothing i found worked, hope someone can help me.The issues started after i changed some graphic options in a game Tiny Tina's Wonderlands just to be clear and from than on i had strange issues.I have a two...
  8. How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?

How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?: Hi, i tried to fix this my self searching a solution online but nothing i found worked, hope someone can help me.The issues started after i changed some graphic options in a game Tiny Tina's Wonderlands just to be clear and from than on i had strange issues.I have a two...
  9. How to fix desktop icons not keeping their place after each shutdown or restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...: Hello,I'm having trouble with my PC not shutting down or restarting correctly. There's this instance that I've waited for 30 minutes for it to finish restarting/shutting down but it's still on the process of doing so.I've tried restoring it to a point where it still functions...