Windows 10: Windows reverting to wrong input language

Discus and support Windows reverting to wrong input language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed. I have several input languages enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisei, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Nisei Win User

Windows reverting to wrong input language

My Windows display language is set to English (United States) which is the only language pack I have installed.
    I have several input languages enabled because I need to be able to switch when inputting in different languages.
    In the Language control panel I have set English (United States) at the top of the list. However, after every reboot Windows reverts my input language to German which is at the bottom of my list.
    In the Advanced Settings of the Language control panel I have now set "Override for default input method" to English as well but still to no avail.
    What else is there to change? I'm getting fed up having to change the input language every time I start up my PC.

:)

Nisei, Oct 5, 2016
  2. KOFis Win User

Language issue after W10 installation - system in mixed languages

Hello Preeti,

thanks for reply, but you are responding for something totally different. This is not a system error, this is a wrong function logic.

If I change "prefered read/write language", that is settings for keyboard input, the language in the W10 changes.

BECAUSE in previous system, this option was only "write" language, but as it was changed in W10 to "read and write", it applies also on settings of apps language, what is wrong in this case, as this option is for input language settings.

This is wrong settings logic in windows 10, it is not bug in my system.

KOFis, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Change keyboard language before login or remove MS account password

This answer does not answer the question which is. how to change the input language at login ?. I have changed the input languages as explained, but the input language at login was not affected and remains the wrong one.

Thanks

Louis-CharlesGauthier, Oct 5, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Input Method = Keyboard

Are you finding pressing certain keys results in the wrong thing?

I find having the input method the same as the physical keyboard works best.

lx07, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Nisei Win User
    My physical keyboard = US English
    In the advanced options of the language bar I have disabled all hotkeys for changing language.
    In the Region control panel I have set format to English (United States).
    I have no clue what's going on but it's very annoying. NOTHING in my settings tells Windows to revert to German keyboard input, yet it does so every time I boot *Sad

Nisei, Oct 5, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    ARC1020, Oct 5, 2016
  7. Nisei Win User
    Tried what you were suggesting but it didn't help.
    I've now solved it by first disabling all my extra language inputs and then enabling them again. Seems to work although I still wonder what was going on.

Nisei, Oct 6, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Hmm, that is really quite interesting.

I find that although I have en-US as the default (as that is what I installed) I do find some applications (Word, Excel etc) seem to decide to hang onto whatever language I was writing in last time.

I did try changing the normal.dat but it doesn't seem to work.

9. Nisei Win User
    I think that's how it's supposed to be.
    For example, when you use Hungarian to type a letter in Word and then close the program, it should be set to Hungarian next time you start Word. Once you've set it to a different input method it should remember that for the next time you start the program.
    However, in my case it was constantly going back to German (QWERTZ layout).

Nisei, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows reverting to wrong input language - Similar Threads - reverting wrong input

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Language input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  5. Language input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language input: My display language is English and I prefer it this way but when it comes to input, I only need Polish Programmers and Hebrew. Polish keyboard is perfectly fine for both the English and the Polish languages but when it comes to using the English keyboard for Polish... Well,...
  6. Windows 10 input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 input language: I have two languages setup for my Win10 laptop - English UK and English NZ. This is done because I use two different keyboard layouts UK and US, depending on where I am at the time office or at homeYears ago, this worked flawlessly. I could switch the language and everything...
  7. WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10

WRONG Input Language at initial setup on Lenovo laptop - Windows 10: When setting up a new laptop I must have ok'd the wrong language as input. At this point I only see Japanese characters, even when try to use the Control Panel to select English as the input language. Can anyone assist me?...
  8. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  9. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  10. Input Language

in Windows 10 News
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...