Windows 10: Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.

Discus and support Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop says it is running out of space and I'm trying to make more, and I came across something peculiar. It says I have several games such as D:OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sewp kan, Feb 27, 2024.

1. sewp kan Win User

Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.

My laptop says it is running out of space and I'm trying to make more, and I came across something peculiar. It says I have several games such as D:OS 2 installed on the C: drive, but I know for a fact I have that game and most of my others on an external SSD. Settings Storage even goes as far to say they aren't on the SSD at all, but looking through the files on the SSD shows them there. Trying to uninstall them from Settings -> Storage and Control Panel -> Uninstall don't do anything. Is there a solution to removing these phantom programs or getting Windows to properly show what is ins

:)

sewp kan, Feb 27, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.

little cat, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.

1. Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there. - Similar Threads - says programs installed

2. Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says I have programs installed on the C: drive that aren't there.: My laptop says it is running out of space and I'm trying to make more, and I came across something peculiar. It says I have several games such as D:OS 2 installed on the C: drive, but I know for a fact I have that game and most of my others on an external SSD. Settings...
  3. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  4. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  5. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. running programs in the C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running programs in the C drive: hello teami have a 250GB SSD drive, in which the OS is installed. i use Adobe Premiere Pro and photoshop. I have installed them in the c drive. is it ok if i run the program, premiere pro in the c drive? i've been told that, for geting a faster performance, all the...
  7. Microsoft is saying that I have a program installed but I don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft is saying that I have a program installed but I don't: [ATTACH] I'm trying to redownload a program after I deleted it because it wouldn't open, but I keep getting this message when I try. I don't have it installed anymore, I've looked everywhere and I can't find a trace of it....
  8. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  9. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  10. C drive crashed, programs installed on D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive crashed, programs installed on D: I had a crash I couldn't recover from, so I had to reinstall Windows onto my C drive. My C drive was a 250 Gig SSD, but I had issues with room, so I pretty much started installing programs to my D drive. I couldn't recover from the crash by any means other than doing a...