Windows 10: Windows says it is scheduled to reboot outside of general hours

Discus and support Windows says it is scheduled to reboot outside of general hours in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It reboots shortly before 5pm. 74520 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

Windows says it is scheduled to reboot outside of general hours

It reboots shortly before 5pm.

:)

ironfist, Jan 10, 2017

2. How to permanently stop Windows updates? How long does Microsoft think we can go without working during the day?!?

If you are notified that the PC is scheduled for a restart outside of Active Hours you've set, you can immediately go to Settings>Windows Update and choose Restart Options to temporarily override active hours and schedule a custom time to finish installing
    the current update(s)

This is not as user-friendly as being able to schedule this time pro-actively without an Update already being scheduled for restart outside of Active Hours.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 10, 2017
  3. JackPlatt Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Active Hours Questions?

Hi Guys,

Some questions about Active Hours in regard to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update:

1.) My Active Hours are 9am to 9PM. An update is scheduled for tonight outside of Active Hours. The override Active Hours option is NOT turned on, but shows about 9:30 PM. If I do not turn on the override option, is this the time that my computer will
    reboot, or will it be any random time after 9PM? (IE. When Active Hours have expired.)

2.) Will I get a system tray notification toaster pop-up before the reboot time, and if so, how far ahead of the reboot time?

Thank you.

Jack

JackPlatt, Jan 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@ironfist, is 5pm inconvenient? Do you want it to reboot at some other time?

If windows needs to reboot after installing an update it says it will do so 'outside active hours'. But you need to tell it what your 'active hours' are. Go to Settings > Update & security > Change active hours. You can set your active hours start/finish times here, for a period of anything up to 12 hours.

5. mrgeek Win User
    ""Windows says it is scheduled to reboot outside of general hours
    It reboots shortly before 5pm."

You are getting it because a Cumulative Update was issued this afternoon. Either let it reboot itself outside of hours or click the notification in Action Center and click Restart Now to complete installation.

mrgeek, Jan 10, 2017
  6. Settings > Update & security > Restart Options

You can postpone the restart for 7 days using custom restart time.

TairikuOkami, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows says it is scheduled to reboot outside of general hours - Similar Threads - says scheduled reboot

2. general zero hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    general zero hour: hello after i update my windows general zero hour does not worki did all things in the internet and does not work i have format my pc and still does not work i update my gpu to latesti have windows 10 64 bit rtx 3060rayzen 5900x32 gb ram...
  3. general zero hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    general zero hour: hello after i update my windows general zero hour does not worki did all things in the internet and does not work i have format my pc and still does not work i update my gpu to latesti have windows 10 64 bit rtx 3060rayzen 5900x32 gb ram...
  4. Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Not Restarting Outside of Active Hours Build 1909: Guys, Ever since build 1803, I have had intermittent issues with my computer not restarting once Active Hours have ended. My Active Hours are set from 7AM to 1 AM, and around Patch Tuesday, or a day or so later, I correctly get a notice in Action Center that my PC needs to...
  5. Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Are Restarts Outside of Active Hours so Unpredictable?: Greetings All, I have had really bad frustrations with the unpredictability of Focus Assist and Active Hours ever since build 1809 on Windows 10 and this has now carried over on two PC’s; a Dell Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Here are some observations for the Microsoft...
  6. Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler: I have been trying to setup an hourly chime sound to stop my Logitech Z906 sound system from switching off when no activity on my computer. I copied this program that someone had used but cannot get it working on Task Scheduler.. Option Explicit Dim sound : sound =...
  7. Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Permanently Requesting to Restart Outside of Active Hours: For a few months now my laptop has been incessantly informing me that it will restart outside of active hours to finish installing updates. The problem? The updates fail to install every time, no matter how many restarts it attempts. Given how annoying the occasional...
  8. Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in data mandatory outside the Active hours?: My system is set to skip the login screen and has the Active hours set to 08:00~17:00. Yesterday I checked for updates and there were only Windows Defender definition updates. I used the PC from 10:00 until around 18:00 and there was no warning about Windows updates. So I...
  9. Scheduled Tasks that run every hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks that run every hour: I notice that there are several tasks that are scheduled to run every day every hour. Most notably HP, Epson, & GoogleUpdateTaskMachine. This seems a little excessive & I wonder if anyone feels this should be changed to once a week or something similar, without causing any...
  10. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?: Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed and they added "Focus Assist" which only allows you to MANUALLY TOGGLE the notification sound suppression....