Windows 10: Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

Discus and support Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Krimstix, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Krimstix Win User

Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up

Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up [​IMG]

The scanning as shown above takes place every time I boot windows. I have no other OS installed and I have a 32gb SSD (where windows is installed) and a 500gb HDD (for other files and stuff). How can I remove this?

PS: I guess this happened after I installed the Creators Update using Windows 10 ISO I downloaded from their site.

:)

Krimstix, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Hi,

It can be due to software conflicts. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we'd like to know if you're using all the partitions included in the screenshot provided. If not, we suggest deleting it if you won't be using the partitions. We also
    suggest contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to perform hard drive diagnostics. Doing a hard drive diagnostics is best handled by them.

Give us an update with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 21, 2017
  3. vamshitg Win User
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

Hello,

I have a windows laptop and I recently dual booted it with Ubuntu and from then whenever I boot into windows I get the following screen

So,now let me tell you about that weird Volume.The volume here the windows is referring to is the one where I have installed the Ubuntu OS.

To make it clear it is the volume I have rounded off in the below image.

The possible solutions I came cross were modifying the BootExecute value in Registry and the other one was performing chkdsk.Both these solutions dint resolve the problem.

Clearly,Windows is trying to perform check disk on the drive where ubuntu os is residing.Please help me in finding a possible fix.

Thank You

vamshitg, Apr 21, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

This is probably your 500GB HDD.
    Download the ISO imagefor Seatools burn it to CD using IMGBurn or Burn it to USB Flash with SeaFlash all in my signature. Boot off of the newly created media and run the Short and the Long tests on the HDD. If either test fails the HDD needs to be replaced.

spunk, Apr 21, 2017
  5. Krimstix Win User
    Thank you for the reply sir spunk.

Sorry for the late reply but I found this tool.

I ran minitool partition wizard and I found a 16MB partition on my SSD, alongside the recovery, efi, and windows partition. I deleted it and extended my windows partition just like that (I'm reckless that way, although I have an image backup). Seems to me now that the scanning of the volume is gone.

Krimstix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows scanning and repairing drive every time it boots up - Similar Threads - scanning repairing drive

2. Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro scans and repairs a mystery drive at every boot-up: For about two months, my PC has been scanning and repairing a drive at every boot-up, regardless of how the PC was shut down the time before. It can take as long as fifteen minutes to scan and complete repairs, which always identifies 64 files to be repaired; I am unsure...
  3. Scanning drive or repairing something every time I boot up my dell windows computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning drive or repairing something every time I boot up my dell windows computer.: Hi every time I boot my pc up I get the scanning and repairing drive message or something and its a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine I was wondering if anyone knew how I could stop this from happening...
  4. Scanning drive or repairing something every time I boot up my dell windows computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning drive or repairing something every time I boot up my dell windows computer.: Hi every time I boot my pc up I get the scanning and repairing drive message or something and its a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine I was wondering if anyone knew how I could stop this from happening...
  5. Scanning drive or repairing something every time I boot up my dell windows computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scanning and repairing drive (C:) every boot: submitted by /u/binnnssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo3kta/scanning_and_repairing_drive_c_every_boot/
  7. Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive every time I boot up: Hi every time i boot my pc up i get the scanning and reparing drive messge with a pretty long error code after a few mins it goes and the computer loads the desktop as normal and runs fine i was wondering if anyone knew how i could stop this from happining every time i boot...
  8. “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Scanning and repairing drive (C:)” every boot: Hi, This has been going on for the past 10 days or so, the problem is that it doesn't show any progress or tasks, it just shows two messages, the first has a 7 seconds countdown telling me to press any key to ignore this, and next saying "“Scanning and repairing drive (C:)”,...
  9. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot: Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive...
  10. Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and repairing drive on every start-up: I recently had an issue with my PC that wouldn't let it start up. Re-plugging my hard drives fixed it, but now it gives me a scanning and repairing drive message on every start-up, taking up a lot more time to start up Windows. What can I do to get rid of this? Another side...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 scanning and usb flash every time

2. repairing drive everytime i boot

3. scanning and repairing everytime i boot up