Windows 10: Windows Script Host error at startup

Discus and support Windows Script Host error at startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys and gals, Please kindly assist with the following error message: "Can not find script file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zeamann, Mar 14, 2017.

1. zeamann Win User

Windows Script Host error at startup

Hi guys and gals,

Please kindly assist with the following error message: "Can not find script file "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\cnkocgrrf\edeqdg.js". This error message keeps popping up every time I restarts a windows 10 Home edition laptop after cleaning its infection.

Background info: the infected laptop always messes up pendrives and external HDDs when attached with shortcuts and hides the original files. So I hold down the "shift" key and restarted and select boot into "safe mode" and ran EmsiSoft Emergency Kit. Rebooted after cleaning and attached a pendrive and no more mess-ups except for the above error message that is so annoyingly popping up at every startup.

I've searched for more than 2 days but did not find anything specific to this error message. Please kindly help.

Thanks much in advance and God bless,

z

:)

zeamann, Mar 14, 2017

2. WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST Error ''the Windows script host is unabled in this pc. contact your system customers''

Hi Johnson,

Which program is causing the error.. and what exactly is running at startup? Assuming no malware-laden script is running at startup: you can remove WSH restrictions using the registry editor. "Windows
    Script Host access is disabled on this machine" Error (Fix)

To know which script is executed at startup, open Task Manager and click the Startup tab. Enable "Command line" column by right-clicking the column header. This shows the script file name that's configured to run at startup. Post back the information here.
    You can copy the entry in Task Manager Startup tab by press CTRL + C.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Rose_G Win User
    Windows Script Host Error

Hi CadeSkinner,

Kindly click Windows Script Host Fix for the answer as it was raised
    before with other Windows community member.

Hopefully it works for you!

Rose_G, Mar 14, 2017
  4. zeamann Win User

hi again guys and gals. this is kinda embarrassing, i've just resolved the issue of the error message just by deleting the folder as shown in the given path. i've already rebooted with no error message and also powered down and then booted up and still no error message. thanks guys and gals anyways. best of luck.

z

zeamann, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Script Host error at startup - Similar Threads - Script Host error

2. Windows Script Host error on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host error on startup: Hi,I use a ASUS TUF A17 with win 11 64bit.I get this error on startup whenever i turn on my lap. :I've attached link of the screenshot.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ql3f4sBvf4pVupjrc9vNuffUS0H_ePkm/view?usp=share_link...
  3. Windows Script Host error on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Script Host error on startup: Hi,I use a ASUS TUF A17 with win 11 64bit.I get this error on startup whenever i turn on my lap. :I've attached link of the screenshot.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ql3f4sBvf4pVupjrc9vNuffUS0H_ePkm/view?usp=share_link...
  4. Windows script host startup error windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows script host startup error windows 11: I get this error when i start up my laptop it saysScript: C:\Users\anisl\AppData\Local\Updates\Runs.vbsLine: 31Char: 1Error: The system cannot find the file specified.Code: 80070002Source: nullPlease help...
  5. Windows Script Host Error at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host Error at Startup: When I ever I turn on my PC, after user account login it says 'Cannot Find Scriptfile' and gives the location of the unfounded file. What is troubling this issue to encounter and Please tell me its solution....
  6. Windows Script Host Error at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Script Host Error at Startup: When I ever I turn on my PC, after user account login it says 'Cannot Find Scriptfile' and gives the location of the unfounded file. What is troubling this issue to encounter and Please tell me its solution....
  7. Windows Script Host Error at Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Script Host Error on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Script Host Error on Startup: Hello, Every time I startup my computer recently I've been getting this error. In addition, my computer as of yesterday restarted a couple of times out of nowhere, and I'm wondering if maybe this is causing it. This started happening after my computer was basically...
  9. Script host error after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Script host error after startup: My PC is Windows 10 and 3 days ago 16-Dec-19 I updated to version 1909 but after this, every time I restart/turn on my PC shows the message Windows Script Host error after a few seconds I signed in. I tried to fix it using the windows Startup repair in the troubleshoot...
  10. Windows Script Host error / Startup MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Script Host error / Startup MSCONFIG: Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview (2004) build 19033.1 Hi, sorry i wasn't sure where best to post this, but since the last few days trying to reinstall the previous version (due to rogue virus that removed McAfee and then had the Security Centre disabled), i have this error...