Windows 10: Windows search bar error

Discus and support Windows search bar error in Cortana to solve the problem; Good morning Microsoft administrators, and today when I turned on the computer something happened. The search bar kept closing, I tried to fix the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ALESSANDRO ODLYVANYY, Jun 8, 2024.

1. Windows search bar error

Good morning Microsoft administrators, and today when I turned on the computer something happened. The search bar kept closing, I tried to fix the problem on my own, watching videos and tutorials, and also from a question from a gentleman on the Microsoft website. But none of these had a good result, and therefore I wou

:)

ALESSANDRO ODLYVANYY, Jun 8, 2024

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 8, 2024
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 8, 2024
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows search bar error

Windows 10 Search bar

Hello Tucker,

For us to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps and assist you better, we would like to ask a few more information regarding your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • To clarify, when you say Windows 10 search bar, are you referring to Cortana's search field?
    • Are you encountering any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jun 8, 2024
Thema:

Windows search bar error

1. Windows search bar error - Similar Threads - search bar error

2. Windows search bar error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar error: Good morning Microsoft administrators, and today when I turned on the computer something happened. The search bar kept closing, I tried to fix the problem on my own, watching videos and tutorials, and also from a question from a gentleman on the Microsoft website. But none of...
  3. Windows search bar error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search bar error: Good morning Microsoft administrators, and today when I turned on the computer something happened. The search bar kept closing, I tried to fix the problem on my own, watching videos and tutorials, and also from a question from a gentleman on the Microsoft website. But none of...
  4. Search bar error

in Cortana
    Search bar error: Hello I am a windows 10 user and one day when i opened my pc and i installed microsoft teams app and it does not made a shortcut on the desktop i thought it must be a error but it opened automatically and then when i closed it and wanted to open it again so i typed in the...
  5. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Bar: I am really new to windows, I just got a pc recently, when I noticed that my search bar is not allowing me to type on it. No matter how many times I click on it, nothing happens. Can someone please help? submitted by /u/ClubPenguinRUs [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I have encountered a problem after trying to search using the windows search bar. Whenever I search something, it displays a internet result of FRIV, see the example below. [ATTACH] something like this pop ups. Is this some kind of Virus or something? How can I...
  7. the windows search bar

in Cortana
    the windows search bar: hi, I've got a problem with the windows search bar. Whenever I key in like an appp i want to search, it just searches endlessly without any results. I'ts like it's infinitely loading....
  8. search bar error after update the windows

in Cortana
    search bar error after update the windows: I want to ask is there anyone having the same problem like me after updating the windows and the search bar look like this. i like the previous one in the left down corner rather than in the center if there any fix for this to revert it back to the previous one i would like...
  9. Windows 10 search bar error solution

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar error solution: Dear Users, Recently the search bar error occurred to many users and even Microsoft didn't able to provide solution. Even Microsoft own "Fix problems in Windows Search" article isn't working for some users. But this video worked for me. https://youtu.be/jFna6BaZRUc Just...
  10. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....