Windows 10: Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries

Discus and support Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 7, hitting the Windows key would bring up a search field, just as it does in Windows 10. Included in the search results would be matching... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by VelcroFace, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries

In Windows 7, hitting the Windows key would bring up a search field, just as it does in Windows 10. Included in the search results would be matching entries from Microsoft Outlook 2010 (contacts, tasks, e-mail, etc. that contain the search string). Now in Windows 10 the search results do not include anything from Outlook. In order to find something in Outlook , I have to search for it from within Outlook.

Looking at the Indexing Options, I see "Microsoft Office Outlook" listed among the included locations. I have deleted and rebuilt the index a couple of times, but still nothing from Outlook ever appears in Windows Search. Wondering if some indexing feature has been disabled, I went to the Control Panel and looked into "Turn Windows features on or off." Unlike in previous versions of the OS, I could find no option for turning on or off Windows Search or Indexing.

Whenever I search for something in "My stuff", the results window displays this message: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff." Yet, when I pull up Indexing Options, it shows "Indexing complete." Is there something I have missed, or is Search seriously broken in Windows 10?

:)

VelcroFace, Mar 29, 2016

2. Diary entries

Do you know if there are any plans to change the two week period? Also it would help if you could search your entries in Outlook but there is no search available. It is very annoying having to look at all the entries to find what you are looking for do
    you know of anyway to search outlook calendar? Many thanks John

JohnPollitt, Mar 29, 2016
  3. WP7 cant find contacts in the search yet they are on the phone

Help, am I doing something wrong or is this yet another problem with WP7. My phone syncs with Outlook and has correctly imported my Outlook contacts into the 'People' tile. However when I go into this tile and hit the Search button it fails to find loads
    of contacts that exist in the list. For example I have a Sharon in the list and can scroll to it and call her no problem but she is well down my contact list so I would hit Search and start typing the word Sharon. On each key press it displays the matching
    entries, all the names containing an 'S' then 'SH' and so on. It does not find the word Sharon at any point and also shows a handful of entries that do not match the search text at all. I have found this on at least 20 out of my 200+ contacts.

Enniskillen, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries

On my Win10 computers pressing the Windows key by itself brings up the Start menu. Can't answer to most things but Cortana is involved in the change of Search, I haven't gotten comfortable with it yet. I usually Right-click the Start button/icon and choose Search or Run from the list depending upon what I want to do but Search may still bring up Cortana.

Berton, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries

1. Windows Search fails to find any Outlook entries - Similar Threads - Search fails find

2. Windows search cannot find any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search cannot find any apps: Windows search cannot find any apps. It can find only files. I did already indexing, update and restarted search service. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-cannot-find-any-apps/a06c5d8e-47ad-4fe5-97ad-64b30828a3aa
  3. Windows search cannot find any apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search cannot find any apps: Windows search cannot find any apps. It can find only files. I did already indexing, update and restarted search service. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-cannot-find-any-apps/a06c5d8e-47ad-4fe5-97ad-64b30828a3aa
  4. Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within Settings fails to find anything.: When I go into the Windows 10 Settings page and use the search box to find a particular setting I'm looking for it returns nothing, even for items I know are there. What could be causing this? Windows 10 version 2004. 158389
  5. Outlook App not finding any of my email accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook App not finding any of my email accounts.: Hiya, please help as the Outlook App downloaded from the Windows Store isn't finding any of my email accounts. I've tried sky.com accounts and my btconnect.com account, none can be found, plus they all work perfectly using the Outlook App on my Android phone!!! Please please...
  6. No option to save search entry?

in Cortana
    No option to save search entry?: Hope this is the right forum. It's a search question. New to Windows 10. Bottom left hand of screen is the search window that says Type Here to Search. When I enter what I want to search, and then click on what type of search I want, and then look at one of the results -...
  7. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87
  8. find last entry in a column

in Microsoft Office and 365
    find last entry in a column: Hi all, I have a column and I want to find the last entry and add some text to the last entry offset 3 down. Could you tell me how to do it please?. Len 129713
  9. Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders: I used to be able to type in part of the name of a file in a folder and the search function would find the file and I could click it. In the past couple of months, I have changed nothing but now whenever I search for a file in a folder (even if I type the entire name exactly...
  10. Windows 10 search fails to find specific file

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search fails to find specific file: I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am trying to find a specific file by searching either in Start menu, or by directly searching in the folder where the file itself is located. While all other files with the searched characters are retrieved, that one file is not. I tried...