Windows 10: Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

Discus and support Windows Search only searching Web and Store. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this. I have 2 machines running windows 10, and it seems like a lot of struggle of late. My latest problem as of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musiclover7, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

Hopefully somebody knows how to fix this. I have 2 machines running windows 10, and it seems like a lot of struggle of late. My latest problem as of this eve on my downstairs machine, is that Windows Search seems to be confined to just the store and web. Meaning, if I click on search and type in firewall, it will lead me to a couple options in the store and the rest of the options are up on the web. Same if I punch in notepad. It won't search locally for some reason. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

:)

musiclover7, Sep 1, 2015

2. Search the web & windows and Store issues

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

1. What happens when you search for the documents? Do you receive any error message?

2. Did you search for the documents through the desktop search bar or explorer search bar?

Do get back to us with the response. We will be glad to assist you further.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Search the web & windows and Store issues

Thanks a lot Abdul i was going through hell but today you have just saved me thanks a lot you have made my day. The store and app issue was resolved once i installed all updates the one for search was eating me up. Am really grateful.

Regards,

Njenga

JosephKung'u, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

This happened to me and if you search online you should find others with the same issue and possible fixes.

I was able to fix it, but don't know which command actually did fix this issue for me. (It was either a DISM, SFC, or Appx command)

Hopefully, M$ will find the cause and provide a fix.

nosecureboot, Sep 1, 2015
  5. This fixed it:

i. Click Windows + R (Opens run window)

ii. Type regedit and press Enter.

iii. In registry editor windows locate

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search

iv. In the right pane, right click on SetupCompletedSuccessfully and click on Modify.

NOTE: If SetupCompletedSuccessfully is not there, then in the right pane, right click on a empty area and click on ‘New’ select ‘DWORD (32 bit)’ Value and type SetupCompletedSuccessfully and press Enter.

v. Type 0 and click on OK.

NOTE: This is the number zero.

vi. Close Regedit

vii. Restart the computer

musiclover7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Search only searching Web and Store.

1. Windows Search only searching Web and Store. - Similar Threads - Search searching Web

2. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  3. Can't search the web

in Cortana
    Can't search the web: I tried to search the weather with Bing search and it said 'No results found' Did the web search feature get removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-search-the-web/1430ab93-b385-49dd-81a5-22a12a17ac7b
  4. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  5. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  6. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  7. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  8. Search and how to stop searching the web.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and how to stop searching the web.: I sometimes want to search just my PC for files but search brings up internet files. How do I stop search going on to the internet please? 24877
  9. Search not finding files or settings, only web and store?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding files or settings, only web and store?: Hi All, When I type in the search box in the task bar, the results are only from the web and the store and not my files, folders or my settings on my pc. This was working fine a few days ago. The example below is when I typed "device manager" Any ideas please? [img]...
  10. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...