Windows 10: Windows Search Results Order

Discus and support Windows Search Results Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wilber, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Wilber Win User

Windows Search Results Order

When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my "C" drive last. How can I get the results from my "C" drive to appear first? I know how to sort my results, I just want to be able to SEE my "C" drive before the other drives.
    Thanks

*Cool

:)

Wilber, Mar 31, 2016

2. How to change the order for search results?

Hum I cant figure out how you got that but then again I do not use the built in search. Perhaps you did not make 2016 the default app? Mine shows 2016 first

Windows Search Results Order [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 31, 2016
  3. Nyltje Win User
    How to change the order for search results?

When I search for example 'Word' I get as first 'Wordpad' and under 'Wordpad' there is 'Word 2016', I want to use Word 2016 and not wordpad. For fast opening I press start on my keyboard, typ in 'word' and hit enter. But now it's opening Wordpad and for
    Word 2016 I have to hit the arrow down key.
    I have this problem with many other programs.

Image of the problem: (it's in Dutch)

Question: How to change the order for search results?

Nyltje, Mar 31, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Right click on the explorer window. View > Sort by > Name.
    It will change the sorting order. If it is ascending, it will be descending and vice-versa.

My explorer window ... normally ....
    After View > Sort by > Name, it appears as ....
    Hope it helps. *Smile

Thema:

1. Windows Search Results Order - Similar Threads - Search Results Order

2. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  3. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  4. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  6. Windows Search Bar No Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar No Results: Whenever search using the mouse or windows key, the windows search bar gives no results and goes inactive after a few seconds. This happens whether the bar is empty or has characters in it. It will prompt the following error in Event Viewer which occurs multiple times after a...
  7. no app results in windows search

in Cortana
    no app results in windows search: After booting up my device I realised that none of the installed apps are shown in the windows search. Some of the folders pop up but not the app itself and it was working fine yesterday. I have tried to run the troubleshooter, restarted the windows search service. I have...
  8. Windows search missing results

in Cortana
    Windows search missing results: Hello, I have some users who all suddenly started reporting incomplete/inaccurate search results on networked drives. When using windows search to look for files by name, results which should appear simply do not. I have already done the following. 1 Cleared and...
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. Windows Search returning no results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search returning no results: Windows Search returning no results on one of my external harddrives. I've trawled through pages of Google's advice and I have already: Tried indexing the HDD and rebuilding. Non-indexing and rebuilding. Indexing only specific folders on the HDD and rebuilding....