Windows 10: Windows Search Results Order

Discus and support Windows Search Results Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wilber, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Wilber Win User

Windows Search Results Order

When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my "C" drive last. How can I get the results from my "C" drive to appear first? I know how to sort my results, I just want to be able to SEE my "C" drive before the other drives.
    Thanks

*Cool

:)

Wilber, Mar 31, 2016

2. How to change the order for search results?

Hum I cant figure out how you got that but then again I do not use the built in search. Perhaps you did not make 2016 the default app? Mine shows 2016 first

Windows Search Results Order [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 31, 2016
  3. Nyltje Win User
    How to change the order for search results?

When I search for example 'Word' I get as first 'Wordpad' and under 'Wordpad' there is 'Word 2016', I want to use Word 2016 and not wordpad. For fast opening I press start on my keyboard, typ in 'word' and hit enter. But now it's opening Wordpad and for
    Word 2016 I have to hit the arrow down key.
    I have this problem with many other programs.

Image of the problem: (it's in Dutch)

Question: How to change the order for search results?

Nyltje, Mar 31, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Right click on the explorer window. View > Sort by > Name.
    It will change the sorting order. If it is ascending, it will be descending and vice-versa.

My explorer window ... normally ....
    After View > Sort by > Name, it appears as ....
    Hope it helps. *Smile

Thema:

1. Windows Search Results Order - Similar Threads - Search Results Order

2. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  3. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...
  4. Windows Search returning no results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search returning no results: Windows Search returning no results on one of my external harddrives. I've trawled through pages of Google's advice and I have already: Tried indexing the HDD and rebuilding. Non-indexing and rebuilding. Indexing only specific folders on the HDD and rebuilding....
  5. Redundant search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant search results: Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but nothing in the results of the app? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, search up "Show me tips about windows", "turn...
  6. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  7. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  8. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...
  9. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886