Windows 10: Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION)

Discus and support Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Wondering if someone can offer some assistance, I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 Professional (July release) and I see a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by syn3rgy, Aug 13, 2016.

1. syn3rgy Win User

Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION)

Hi All,

Wondering if someone can offer some assistance, I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 Professional (July release) and I see a few things have changed, Like the start bar etc.

The issue I am having is that whenever I try connect to a network resource (im on a Workgroup and not a corporate LAN) I am getting the Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials box below however, I only have a cancel button and no place to actually fill in the credentials.
    I am presuming its trying to use my Microsoft account to logon however, is this a bug?

if anyone can tell me how to solve this issue I would be so grateful

Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION) [​IMG]

:)

syn3rgy, Aug 13, 2016
  2. Steve@M Win User

Remote desktop in Windows Desktop not prompting for username and password

Remote desktop in windows 10 prompts enter your credentials, but no place to enter them. After entering the computer name and clicking connect I am taken to a window that says to enter your credentials, but there is no where to type them in. OK is grayed
    out and Cancel is the only option. Has anyone seen this issue? Thanks

Steve@M, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows Security Window does not fully show in Windows 10

Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 no matter what browser or function I use if it needs Network Credentials the window only half pops up with no where to enter the credentials. I can click cancel or the x and that is it. Mapping a drive or connecting to a RemoteApp
    gives me the same problem.

Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION) [​IMG]

Garde Burgess, Aug 13, 2016
  4. linw Win User

Pretty weird. Have you tried entering credentials via Control Panel/Credential Manager?

Username would be DISKSTATION\userid

5. syn3rgy Win User
    Yup, tried that, no joy.
    What i did do was create the network maps via cmd and put the username and password and that seemed to work for a little bit then stopped. I entered the credentials in Credentials manager and that seems to be working so far but I am not happy about that as it will fail soon. it is also an issue when trying to access any other network shares, may just do a restore of windows. :/

syn3rgy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Security - Enter Network Credentials (ONLY CANCEL OPTION) - Similar Threads - Security Enter Network

2. Enter Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials: I'm not exactly why Microsoft has, somehow, made the setup of a simple, small, home network so difficult, but it clearly has.Two computers on the same network, one Win 10, one Win 11. The Win 10 computer can be discovered, the Win 10 computer requires no password.The Win 11...
  3. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: I created a share on my computer, but other computers can't see the share. I keep getting the message Enter Network Credentials even though I turned off password on my wireless network....
  4. Enter network credentials

Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  5. Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter network credentials: This is odd. I have a Windows laptop and HP desktop, both with Windows 11. In the past I could easily share files/folders between the two, but now it asks for network credentials user name and password. I have no clue what to put there, and what is worse, I didn't need to...
  6. enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enter network credentials: When trying to access other computers or my nas on my network I get the prompt to enter my network credentials. I can access them through remote access, or in the case of my Nas, the windows store app but not through file manager.I have tried every combination know to man, My...
  7. Enter network Credentials

Enter network Credentials: Every few months I try and connect to our house network 2 PCs and printers. I have never been able to get past the Network Credentials problem. Where or how do I gain access to the other items? Please....
  8. WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS

WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS: Had to do a complete reinstall of windows a few days ago and now cannot access by Synology DS918+. The NAS server shows up in my Private Network but when I try to access it I need to input Windows Security Network Password. I have gone into advance share settings and...
  9. Windows Security - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security - Enter network credentials: When I try to access my second computer it asks for my network credentials. How do I find out what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-enter-network-credentials/36719ca4-1fb7-416a-ae10-6c6a31b883cd
  10. Enter Network Credentials

Enter Network Credentials: Been working steady on this; can now see media player from both directions which is good; can also see the laptop from the new build desktop, and the same the other way. Password protected sharing is turned off on both; but both are asking for Network Credentials. Not...