Windows 10: windows security popups

Discus and support windows security popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all, 1. even though I have admin rights set for certain programs[firefox,,etc,,] I keep getting popups saying program is trying to change my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zargon48, Sep 11, 2015.

1. zargon48 Win User

windows security popups

hi all,
    1. even though I have admin rights set for certain programs[firefox,,etc,,]
    I keep getting popups saying program is trying to change my computer
    [which is annoying] why does it ask even though I have firefox set
    for admin rights?
    can I lower the settings for popups to appear and still be safe?

2. I set to login to firefox everytime I use it, is it safe to stay logged-in all the time
    and still be safe?

3.how do cloud services handle viruses?,,do they scan?,,if I accidentally upload a virus[an infected file without knowing of course] will they catch-it?

4. is it ok to turn off my "win 10 cloud drive"?

Thnx!

:)

zargon48, Sep 11, 2015
  2. hassan hm Win User

Security popup

Works windows security popups :)

hassan hm, Sep 11, 2015
  3. HelenaW23 Win User
    Windows security popup

When I try to connect to the wifi "Eduroam" at my University, there is a "Windows security" popup asking me to enter my login information. How do I disable this popup?

I am running Windows 10

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HelenaW23, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

windows security popups

1. windows security popups - Similar Threads - security popups

2. MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...: Locked up most of my screen. Got a Windows Defender Security Center popup saying my IP address has been blocked and to call Microsoft Call Support +1-833-358-6228. Was able to alt-ctrl-delete to open task manager, found something called Antimalware Service Executable using...
  3. MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...: Locked up most of my screen. Got a Windows Defender Security Center popup saying my IP address has been blocked and to call Microsoft Call Support +1-833-358-6228. Was able to alt-ctrl-delete to open task manager, found something called Antimalware Service Executable using...
  4. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...: I recently started receiving this popup system trojan alert warning I have been hacked and to click on link. Onebiensicenter.com. initial alert said from Microsoft this latest says to click on link to activate Macafee. Virus scan comes up empty. Suggestions?...
  5. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...: I recently started receiving this popup system trojan alert warning I have been hacked and to click on link. Onebiensicenter.com. initial alert said from Microsoft this latest says to click on link to activate Macafee. Virus scan comes up empty. Suggestions?...
  6. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  8. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  9. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...
  10. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...