Windows 10: Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

Discus and support Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brucecharlesrobinson, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep' in thinking as to what is going on/why from the symptoms rather than doing a search resulting generic suggestions which have all been tried - and I mean all, from reinstalling LAN card drivers,, running /sfc, netsh resets, secpol, removing Windows Credentials, Enable TCP/IP over NetBios, everything I can find on searching

:)

brucecharlesrobinson, Feb 12, 2024

2. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve.

Same problem on Windows 7 PC for user without a login password but which was fixed by creating a user password. Creating password on W10 PC does not fix.

RussellEvans74, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Studynxx Win User

Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

Can't find NAS in Network Discovery in Windows Explorer

I followed this tutorial and set up my OpenVPN Server and bound my NAS to it so that in order to access my NAS one would either have to be connected to my LAN or if they're outside my LAN then they'd have to be connected to my OpenVPN Server first All works fine BUT I can't discover my NAS (its hostname) in Windows Explorer -> Network (discovery?) FTP and printer sharing are enabled in the network settings in Windows. I followed every single step of the tutorial

Studynxx, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

1. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN - Similar Threads - Security unable access

2. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  3. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  4. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  5. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  6. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  7. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  8. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible: After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve. Same problem on...
  9. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...