Windows 10: Windows securiy Phone scam

Discus and support Windows securiy Phone scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there I just love it when ridiculous people from Indian Call centres (Sorry India - great I.T, TERRIBLE phone call centres, nice people and love... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Mar 11, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows securiy Phone scam

Hi there

I just love it when ridiculous people from Indian Call centres (Sorry India - great I.T, TERRIBLE phone call centres, nice people and love your food and Cricket) but you need to control other "less worthy people" who start phoning people saying "I'm from Microsoft and Your Windows needs security help - can we be of assistance to you?".

I got one of these stupid calls -- my answer was -- I Have local firm xxx who handles my Windows -- I have a Police security approved Triple Glazing so I don't think you can help me " !!!.

The scammer was left totally confused.

It's always a bit of fun egging these people on !! trouble is that even in sophisticated countries education seems to be going BACKWARDS so more people are likely to fall for this tyoe of B/S.

I'm always amazed that in most Western economies where the Financial services and Banks play a huge role in the economies of those countries why NOBODY is ever taught simple things like how a Stock exchange works or how money markets work - I'd love to see 14 year old kids be given basic lessons on how these sorts of markets operate - without getting too political - even here schools seem to be offering more kids facts about "Diversity" and "Transgender" stuff than basic facts about how to manage money and how the economy of most Western European Countries work --you don't have to agree with the philosophy - I'm just saying let's explain to the young kids how the thing actually works today --maybe they'll come up with better ideas --who knows !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 11, 2017

2. SERIOUS PROBLEM HELPZ!!!!

its a software issue or mayy be your phone got virus format your memory card and try on your cell *#7780# then your securiy code then your phone will peform well

bama_boyz20, Mar 11, 2017
  3. securiy breach?

recenty my display changed back to original windows 10 display upon starting up--startup screen starts up as "administrator" instead of my name-also does not remember passwords to websites as it did prior--unable to successfully restore to a previous point--no
    idea how this change occurred but am concerned that someone could have control of my computer remotely

thomaslaiosa, Mar 11, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Jimbo45, you hit it right on so many levels*Thumbs

SoFine409, Mar 11, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    I never get those calls anymore, bummer! *Sad
    They used to be so much fun! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 11, 2017
  6. Just this week I got one from some character supposedly from Microsoft wanting to refund me $200 for work they did on my pc last year. All I had to do was have my machine on and give him some simple info. Told him the pc was dead, keep the $200 for himself and have a good week-end. The long pause was followed by a hang up.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 11, 2017
  7. Winuser Win User
    I use to tell them I know it's a scam and hang-up the phone. Now I try to play along with them for as long as I can.

Winuser, Mar 12, 2017
  8. Winuser Win User

Not a scam but this is a true story about a call from a charity that my mother use to donate to. When the women asked to speak to my mother. I told the woman the truth and said that my mother had past away. Her reply was " Oh! I'll call back later.)

Winuser, Mar 12, 2017
  9. PhilC50 Win User
    I got the call on my cell phone in a public place. I answered on the speakerphone and the obviously foreign caller started his Microsoft found a problem spiel. I interrupted him and told him that he should be ashamed of scamming people and why didn't he try to find a real job. The caller paused and them started calling me a MF, B, and every other name in the book. I hung up but the people around me got an earful.

My wife likes to answer unknown calls by saying in her best radio DJ voice, "Thanks for calling, you're on the air!" They almost always hang up.

PhilC50, Mar 12, 2017
  10. essenbe Win User
    Well, they're still trying. I just got a call and as best as I could understand him the story was my computer was having errors because Microsoft had stopped sending security updates for all Operating systems, so my computer had errors. He said he was going to fix the errors. I told him I was glad. It would be nice if he made Microsoft start sending the security updates again. He said, no he was going to fix the errors on my PC. I told him that it wouldn't matter unless Microsoft started sending updates again. He hung up when I told him the only thing he wanted to do was get inside my computer and scam me, which wasn't going to happen.

essenbe, Mar 14, 2017
  11. elbmek Win User
    Regarding the MS scam, my wife answers and says, "oh, what is a microsoft? Oh a computer, whats one of those then? Is it like an abacus? "click"

elbmek, Mar 15, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    The easiest way to get rid of them quick is say "I have a Mac".

essenbe, Mar 15, 2017
  13. elbmek Win User

just a moment whilst I switch my computer on, leave phone on desk and go on holiday!!

elbmek, Mar 15, 2017
  14. MrWhoopee Win User
    I had a client who fell for the call and paid them $200 for 3 years of support. Two days later they called back, saying that they wouldn't be able to support her machine because it was too old. They offered to refund her money. As she watched, they (supposedly) refunded the payment back to her bank. When the transfer was complete, the guy on the other end starts to freak out. "Oh no! I can't believe it, I'm going to get fired!" He tells the woman that he mistakenly transferred $800 instead of $200 and if he doesn't get the extra $600 back immediately he'll lose his job. She bit, and sent him $600 by Moneygram or some such. A day later she finds out she's out $800.

As she is relating this whole fiasco, it was all I could do to keep from screaming "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME!?"

I'm going to get one of those air horns and keep it by the phone.

If anyone is feeling spunky, here's a fresh number for one of those "services":

It was working earlier today. Have fun!

MrWhoopee, Mar 28, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    Just as long you don't blow the microphone on your phone !!

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows securiy Phone scam - Similar Threads - securiy Phone scam

2. Scam by phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam by phone: I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of...
  3. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: At 10:28 a.m. this morning I received a call from a "Microsoft Support Team" member names Aaron Mathew. He sounded foreign...maybe India. Anyway I was transferred to him from the first guy that I talked with. Aaron said there were issues with my IP address being...
  4. phone scam??

phone scam??: I received an automated phone call supposedly from Microsoft claiming my Microsoft account was compromised internationally and to call them to change my product key and ip address!!!! This doesn't sound right. How can I verify that it is truly from Microsoft and not a scam?...
  5. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: I continue to receive phone calls from "Microsoft security department". they are leaving a message that the "license key has expired" and that i need to call the Microsoft Store. i have not answered any of the messages. they are using my home number which is not associated...
  6. Phone scam

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Phone scam: Just got called last two days saying it was Microsoft and my license on my account is off they have called with my caller id, put them on block list but it seems my own phone number Pissed...
  7. phone scam

phone scam: getting scam calls from phone number 315-791-7400. do not answer or respond. 2/19/2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-scam/d177a120-bb1f-448c-bdd0-c8e11bde5249"
  8. phone scam

phone scam: I've been getting numerous calls daily for about two weeks saying that my Microsoft license had been suspended and to call a # to fix, I know that it was a scam but the # showing up is my # with area code ? that stopped and now they are trying the refund scam that Microsoft...
  9. Phone scam

Phone scam: I keep getting phone calls stating that my Windows IP address has been compromised is this a scam or is this legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/phone-scam/6c085ab1-e5c7-4ddc-b9b1-d638304e5ed4"
  10. Phone scam

in Windows 10 Support
    Phone scam: I don't know where to post this, but for the last 4 days our house has been getting a robot phone call that is a scam. The message states that I am due a refund from Microsoft refund department because I ordered something from a third party that went out of business so...