Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re excited to announce the availability of the IT pro technical documentation for Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com

Source: Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com | Windows Server Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 26, 2017

2. Why TWO YEARS LATER does windows 10 STILL use 100% of the System Drive

Hi Randy,

I was wondering if, for example, server 2012 or server 2016 was the one working on the machine. If memory serves me correctly I believe that server 2012 is Win 8 based and server 2016 is Win 10 based.

Perhaps some insight to the apparent hardware/driver compatibility/conflict difference issue(s) could be found in the server 2016 documentations? Here are some links you can checkout if you like.

What's New in Windows Server 2016

System Requirements

E-book: Guide to Windows Server 2016 | Microsoft

Well, I don't know if this will be of any help or not but please keep me informed.

-Richard

RichardEiler, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Defender definition updates on a closed system

All of the Windows Defender Client definitions packages for every supported platform are contained on the following page (scroll down to Manual Updates) in the Windows Defender Security Intelligence pages at the link below.

Latest definition updates for Windows Defender Antivirus and other Microsoft antimalware - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

The platform names and specific client types are clearly listed, so any intelligent person should be able to figure this out for themselves no one form TechNet is required.

Note that there are additional links for Prerelease Definitions, Change Logs and other security software and tools under the Downloads item in the toolbar on that same page. This is a central repository for much of the information relating to Defender and
    other Microsoft security applications and tools.

Rob

< EDIT > If you're specifically interested in SQL security, the following is a good entry point into the SQL Security Blog discussing SQL Server 2016.

Data security, SQL Server 2016, and your business

Here's an article about
    Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows Server 2016
    from Microsoft Docs if you need it, though much of it may not apply due to your isolation from the Internet. Running the same Defender 64-bit package for Windows 10 should apply the updates, since the core
    is the same in Windows 2016 Server. There's also a discussion of automatic exclusions for Windows Server and link to more information at the bottom of that same page.

Rob Koch, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com

1. Windows Server 2016 docs are now on docs.microsoft.com - Similar Threads - Server 2016 docs

2. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  3. Detailed steps for this Microsoft Doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed steps for this Microsoft Doc: Hello.I am looking to get unrestricted teredo on my PC. I found this Microsoft Doc and saw the 4 points at the beginning. However, I am no tech expert, so can anyone please give me detailed steps on how to do it?...
  4. Detailed steps for this Microsoft Doc

Detailed steps for this Microsoft Doc: Hello.I am looking to get unrestricted teredo on my PC. I found this Microsoft Doc and saw the 4 points at the beginning. However, I am no tech expert, so can anyone please give me detailed steps on how to do it?...
  5. attaching docs and sharing docs

attaching docs and sharing docs: Hello, I am unable to attach emails and share docs via email. Jane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-docs-and-sharing-docs/12520def-5747-4500-afda-963bcce46076
  6. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  7. Doc Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Doc Window: My Doc windows on my PC is now listing Z to A versus A to Z. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doc-window/648095e1-5250-47fa-bd99-bc997f066898"
  8. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. MAc doc conversion to windows doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAc doc conversion to windows doc: I generated a document on my Macbook Air but I need to change it to a windows doc. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mac-doc-conversion-to-windows-doc/a667cb62-d7be-40a2-b567-de5927abf585