Windows 10: Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing

Discus and support Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi, My start button on desktop stopped responding. No mouse click ,no win button on KB. Right click working,but most of the items are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NiranjanPanse, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing

Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing [​IMG]
    Hi,

My start button on desktop stopped responding. No mouse click ,no win button on KB. Right click working,but most of the items are not opening. Clicking Device Manager and some of the other menus will show error "File Does Not Have Program Associated.........................." (Screen Shot attached.)

Other settings like user creation,network details wont open after click,just nothing happens.(no error displayed).

Few menus like Win Explorer/Disk Management are working fine.

Few settings like Troubleshooting under Update and Reset menu are missing. Network icon near clock not showing any available network (my ethernet cable is plugged in though). (I cannot change the network settings as it wont come up at all.)

What would be the reason and possible cure?

System restore was unable to restore to previous date (though 3 restore points were available-none worked) .

I ran sfc/scannow and it posted result that found some problems but could not fix some.

Now after this sfc/scannow pc wont boot at all, it restarts automatically from login screen.

Thank You

:)

NiranjanPanse, Aug 1, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing

1. Windows Settings Wont Work and some are Missing - Similar Threads - Settings Wont are

2. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...
  3. My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is missing and the system setting wont even open. Tried some fixes but didn't work: Just 2 days ago my laptop is doing fine until the next I opened it and notice that the taskbar is missing. When I hover over where the taskbar is supposed to be located, the mouse icon would only show a loading state. I also cannot open the system settings at this point also...
  4. Some apps wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps wont work: Im trying to use some programs such as snipping tool etc. It dosent work though This happened after i updated to Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100 ni_release. I would like some help...
  5. Some apps wont work

Some apps wont work: Im trying to use some programs such as snipping tool etc. It dosent work though This happened after i updated to Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100 ni_release. I would like some help...
  6. Some settings are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings are missing: Hello, recently, in December I got this windows 10 computer, it was working fine but around 20 months ago, in my settings, some settings started going missing, now I can’t change my resolution, use admin or anything else, I was wondering if there was a way to restore my...
  7. Some settings are missing

Some settings are missing: Hello, recently, in December I got this windows 10 computer, it was working fine but around 20 months ago, in my settings, some settings started going missing, now I can’t change my resolution, use admin or anything else, I was wondering if there was a way to restore my...
  8. Some settings are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Some keys wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some keys wont work: The keys: ESC, TAB, 1, BACKTICK, and Q will not work. I have tried reinstalling my keyboard but it wont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-wont-work/0d75570b-a36f-44fd-aba6-b003fdced5e3
  10. Setting my Default Apps wont work for some apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting my Default Apps wont work for some apps.: Alright so i recently decided it was time to format windows as i usually do it once a year. So when i did everything worked just fine.. then i updated.. it set me on 1703 or so.. obviously it wasn't 1803 which was the latest released version when i formatted about a week...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings wont work Microsoft windows 10 2019