Windows 10: Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

Discus and support Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I got a problem now. My laptop cant install Windows. This is the story : Im playing games with my laptop for few hours and then my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaptopUser, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

Hi

I got a problem now. My laptop cant install Windows.

This is the story :

Im playing games with my laptop for few hours and then my laptop got a crash and then im doing force shutdown. And then im realize that im accidently cause some disk errors. I tried again and again to fix my problem till i was so frustrated, im format the disk. After that, the installation was going nicely until i split the storage space for the C: and D: . its taken so much time so im decided to do another force shutdown. Since then, i cant enter the setup because its always stuck at "Setup is Starting".

Computer specs :
    -intel celeron 1.5 ghz
    -4 gb of ram
    -300 gb of HDD

Any solution for this?????.

:)

LaptopUser, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Shammyzut Win User

Stuck at Setup is Starting

At the time my MB did not support UEFI, so my Vista was not installed as such. Had changed MB since Vista was first installed.

The settings you see are what I had done already. I did not change the setup.

Here is the update.

Having run out of options, I bought a SSD, connected it to my computer, and disconnected the SSHD that has the Vista installation.

Using the store bought disk, I was able to have the installation of Windows 10 start and finish with no trouble at all.

What I found out.

There is something about the SSHD that has my Vista installation installed that Windows 10 hates. Even when Windows 10 in set to be the boot disk, it will not launch if the Vista disk is connected. Likewise, sticking the Vista disk in an external case
    to connect via USB, Windows 10 will not only not load the drive, but will actually lockup. Leaving me unable to format the SSHD on my desktop now.

My workaround thus far is to connect the same External Vista SSHD drive to a Windows 7 system we have in the house. Windows 7 will read the disk, and is allowing me to format it. I am hoping that once the disk is clean that Windows 10 will read it.

Did this issue start because of Vista in itself, or did it start because that vista installation was not UEFI?

Shammyzut, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Shammyzut Win User
    Stuck at Setup is Starting

Steps I prepared this time around.

I have my boot drive, and my program drive as my only drives.

I reduced the boot drive and made a new blank drive on it.

I have 24gb Of ram now because I was going to add it anyways. Motherboard has no issue with the ram.

I have re-downloaded a new copy of Windows 10 Pro 64bit from Microsoft, and burned the ISO To DVD again at slowest speed.

-

I am now attempting to install Windows 10 from the burned ISO.

Result: Failure, does not get to choose language screen. Stuck at solid indigo screen.

-

I attempt to use my OEM Disk I bought again. This is a different disk as I had exchanged it.

Results: Same as my first several tries with the OEM Disk. I get to the solid indigo screen with the words "Setup is starting" and nothing happens. Not on the screen, nor does my tower show any activity.

-

What is my next task?

Shammyzut, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Ezadsko Win User

Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

The same problem also happened to me. I can't reinstall Windows, nor can I open the recovery options *Sad

Ezadsko, Oct 18, 2015
  5. the only solution that i find easy to do is buy a new HDD. but i wont do that because i just bought a new HDD few months ago and i dont wanna replace it cause one of them costs so much.

LaptopUser, Oct 18, 2015
  6. The LATEST update : fix setup is starting problem by completely erasing the drive with DBAN, but i got another problem. im accidently format my bootable USB stick with that DBAN on it which caused an error. now i got even more bigger problems. HDD wont detected, i tried to fix it with SeaTools (bootable fixer for Seagate HDD which what im using) but sadly, its not working because its always says FAILED, FAILED, FAILED, and FAILED again. i think i got a problem with the HDD controller which i think is unfixable. can somebody find a solution for this unforgiving problems????

LaptopUser, Oct 20, 2015
  7. HI!!!!

this is the update of my problem which is the "windows setup : stuck at Setup is starting" and here's the new report :

fix setup is starting problem by completely erasing the drive with DBAN, but i got another problem. im accidently format my bootable USB stick with that DBAN on it which caused an error. now i got even more bigger problems. HDD wont detected, i tried to fix it with SeaTools (bootable fixer for Seagate HDD which what im using) but sadly, its not working because its always says FAILED, FAILED, FAILED, and FAILED again. i think i got a problem with the HDD controller which i think is unfixable. can somebody find a solution for this unforgiving problems????

computer specs :
    -intel Celeron 1.5 ghz 64 bit processor
    -300GB Seagate HDD
    -4 GB RAM

and that is what i know about my computer. hopefully somebody answers me.

LaptopUser, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

help me please, dont make me talking alone.

LaptopUser, Oct 28, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    As you can imagine, the disk has a problem. If it is still under warranty (check serial at support, RMA section of manufacturer's site) you must replace it. If it is out of warranty, sorry, but you have to buy a new disk. Don't try in vain, you only make it worse. Even if you succeed to install Windows, it may fail at any time and lose all your data.

Don't worry about Windows 10. You can download the ISO from here.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting"

1. Windows setup errors : Stuck at "Setup is starting" - Similar Threads - setup errors Stuck

2. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  3. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  4. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Setup Stuck error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup Stuck error: Error code 0x80080005-0x90018ANy help????thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-setup-stuck-error/000c7c3b-4ce6-496a-9d30-837e73e66f35
  6. Windows Setup Stuck error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setup Stuck error: Error code 0x80080005-0x90018ANy help????thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-setup-stuck-error/000c7c3b-4ce6-496a-9d30-837e73e66f35
  7. Windows Setup Stuck error

8. Windows stuck in setup is Starting

Windows stuck in setup is Starting: Hi NEED HELP, I was doing Clean install of windows on my laptop but it stuck inSetup is starting, At first i thought iso is corrupt so I tried creating bootable pendrive from both media creation tool and rufus but nothing working out. And i'm also not able to visit windows...
  9. windows stuck on setup is starting

windows stuck on setup is starting: Hi guys, I can't boot windows and I've tried many of the options available to try and get it to boot again but nothing seemed to work, so I installed Windows media creation tool onto flash drive to do a clean jnstall and the screen is a purple colour not blue then when it...
  10. Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem starting Setup."

Windows 10 setup error - "There was a problem starting Setup.": I have seen this error thread several times over the past few years, and all the other threads are now locked. Well, it is almost June 2019, and I just got the "Windows 10 setup error - There was a problem starting Setup..." error. All the other threads say to delete the...