Windows 10: Windows sgnn-in without password

Discus and support Windows sgnn-in without password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using the same pc with Windows 10 since the Win 10 upgrade was first available (don't remember which year). From the beginning, I set up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxAdams1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MaxAdams1 Win User

Windows sgnn-in without password

I have been using the same pc with Windows 10 since the Win 10 upgrade was first available (don't remember which year). From the beginning, I set up my pc to let me sign on without a password by unchecking the password required box in netplwiz, as no one has access to my computer except me.

Today, for the first time, I was required to enter a password at the lock screen. I did enter the correct password and got in. I checked netplwiz and the password required box is still unchecked. But after a few reboots it is still requiring a password to be entered. I do no not want to enter a password to access my own pc, in my own home, where no one else has access.

What has changed to bring up the password requirement? How do I restore the setting to bypass the password?

:)

MaxAdams1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 11, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Windows sgnn-in without password

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows sgnn-in without password

1. Windows sgnn-in without password - Similar Threads - sgnn without password

2. How to sign into windows without using a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign into windows without using a password: I used to be able to wake my computer up from sleep mode and the login screen would appear but it wouldn't require me to type in my password, but now it does. I check under netplwiz to see if the option user must enter a user name and password to use this computer got check...
  3. sign on without password windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign on without password windows 10: how to sign in on windows 10 with using a password every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-without-password-windows-10/a5e11eac-3ab4-4466-a4c2-6b9d94d094c7
  4. Signing on without password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing on without password: Quite awhile ago I changed my startup process to eliminate signing on when my PC is turned on so that it would just go to my desktop/opening page. Yesterday I turned the PC off and then turned it back on a short while later, and now I have to sign on with a password to get...
  5. Exiting lockscreen without password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Exiting lockscreen without password?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home v1803, I'm the only user and the laptop is always at home. I already know that with netplwiz you can skip password request at boot or login, and in fact so I did. But I'm asking a different question - about the lockscreen feature. If, for...
  6. Exiting lockscreen without password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Exiting lockscreen without password?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home v1803, I'm the only user and the laptop is always at home. I already know that with netplwiz you can skip password request at boot or login, and in fact so I did. But I'm asking a different question - about the lockscreen feature. If, for...
  7. Restore Windows 10 without passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 without passwords: Ok, so my work was bought out by a much bigger company. The new company did not need the computers we had so I was given one of them. This computer was connected to a domain which does not exist any more, it is also locked by an administrator account of which I do not have...
  8. Lockscreen without password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen without password: Hi to everyone! I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home (updated). I have already disabled the option to insert my password on boot and logon. I would like to use the lockscreen as I did with a screensaver, no security issues. Problem is that every time I want to go back to...
  9. Log in without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in without password: Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password …….. " .. another box will open and you must type...
  10. How to logon without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    How to logon without a password: When I updated to build 10159 I had to use my MSA to do so and thus needed to provide the password. Now that I have build 10159 is there a way for me to logon without needing to provide a password? Solved by setting up a local account in Settings using no password. 7636