Windows sgnn-in without password

Discus and support Windows sgnn-in without password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using the same pc with Windows 10 since the Win 10 upgrade was first available (don't remember which year). From the beginning, I set up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaxAdams1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MaxAdams1 Win User

I have been using the same pc with Windows 10 since the Win 10 upgrade was first available (don't remember which year). From the beginning, I set up my pc to let me sign on without a password by unchecking the password required box in netplwiz, as no one has access to my computer except me.

Today, for the first time, I was required to enter a password at the lock screen. I did enter the correct password and got in. I checked netplwiz and the password required box is still unchecked. But after a few reboots it is still requiring a password to be entered. I do no not want to enter a password to access my own pc, in my own home, where no one else has access.

What has changed to bring up the password requirement? How do I restore the setting to bypass the password?

:)

MaxAdams1, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 11, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 11, 2018
  4. MoxieMomma Win User

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows sgnn-in without password - Similar Threads - sgnn without password

2. How do I reset my system tray without the traynotify key, which appears to be nonexistent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset my system tray without the traynotify key, which appears to be nonexistent?: Normally, the system tray "icon stream" works fine, with no need for administrator intervention, but occasionally the stream can get corrupted. Normally, though, fixing this is as simple as deleting the icon stream and past icon stream keys located in the registry at...
  3. How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the...: Hello, I made a huge mistake of editing my msconfig and changing the maximum memory and now I cant boot up my laptop. So the best option i know is to reinstall windows. So... how do i reinstall Windows on my laptop without loosing any data? I cannot boot into the laptop,...
  4. Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows off windows without 1px border in Windows 10: Microsoft’s design language has evolved over the years with many changes that were dearly loved by fans and many that were very much disliked. This time, however, we’re talking about Windows 10 and it’s 1px border around the window edges. You know what will be a...
  5. Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...

Recovery run on Windows 10 but it's reverted back to Windows 7. Can I go back to 10 without...: Hi, I have a laptop that was maxing out at 100% disk usage even though very few processes were running. So, I decided to reset it using the recovery option. Unfortunately, it's reverted back to Windows 7 (the original version purchased with the laptop before I upgraded...
  6. How to install Skype appxbundle without Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Skype appxbundle without Windows Store?: Hi, We use Skype classic version 7.40.32.103 and we saw the message said it will be discontinued soon. We disabled Windows store on our Windows 10 pro version 1709 for all users. I cannot find any msi package for the latest version 8.25.0.5. But i managed to download the...
  7. PS Context Menu Entry to Run Script as Administrator Without Exiting

in Windows 10 Support
    PS Context Menu Entry to Run Script as Administrator Without Exiting: I'm really close on this one. Basically, I want to create a context menu entry for .ps1 files that run the script as administrator without exiting the console window after running. So I can create the key: Code:...
  8. Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help to Disable Bitlocker on Drive D & E without Password: Drive D & E got locked. I did not set lock myself., seems like it got locked during some update process. Please help to recover my drive D & E. Thanks....
  9. Computer types automatically without typing and files opens regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer types automatically without typing and files opens regularly: hello my computer types automatically while working online or offline, and it opens files such as "my computer" etc regularly while on working. I have windows 10 and it is 64 bit. can you please fix this Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10...
  10. changing hdd in laptop without losing os?

changing hdd in laptop without losing os?: Hi I want to upgrade my laptop with an ssd, but i don't want to lose my windows installation because I am using the windows 10 upgrade and if I reinstall windows it will downgrade me to my original windows 7 Is there a way to transfer the entire current hdd to a new ssd,...