Windows 10: Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features

Discus and support Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, recently when I've been logging onto my PC I've been getting a prompt saying that the Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaxPar, Aug 22, 2018.

1. MaxPar Win User

Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features

Hello, recently when I've been logging onto my PC I've been getting a prompt saying that the Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features. I was wondering if it meant anything and if there was a way to fix it. I've attached a photo below for reference.

Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features 4c865342-e0dd-4bb4-ad4c-c2ca2da6e7ca?upload=true.png

If anyone can help me with this, that'd be great. Thanks!

:)

MaxPar, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft family blocking chrome

Hello
    MayceHoag,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Shell Experience is blocked by Microsoft family features - Similar Threads - Shell Experience blocked

2. Firefox blocked on Windows 11 by Family Features - But im not in microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked on Windows 11 by Family Features - But im not in microsoft family: Hi,I have a huge problem with Microsoft Family Features - I cannot open Firefox because of "family features", My account is not in family and on my other PC where I'm logged in on the same account I can run it normally.I have this problem since my PC was running windows 10 -...
  3. Firefox blocked on Windows 11 by Family Features - But im not in microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox blocked on Windows 11 by Family Features - But im not in microsoft family: Hi,I have a huge problem with Microsoft Family Features - I cannot open Firefox because of "family features", My account is not in family and on my other PC where I'm logged in on the same account I can run it normally.I have this problem since my PC was running windows 10 -...
  4. Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why is Microsoft family features blocking chrome?: Hello! I'm trying to use google chrome yet for some reason my computer won't let me. Everytime when I try to open up chrome, it keeps popping up "Microsoft Family Features." I don't know why but it keeps blocking both chrome and firefox but not Edge. I tried EVERYTHING to get...
  5. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome: Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family. A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the...
  6. Block family features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block family features: I reinstalled Windows with version 2004 and there are family settings which won’t let me launch chrome or Firefox. I left the family online but it still won’t let me. My account is also administrator. Is there any way to force disable this feature? submitted by /u/Esconis...
  7. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  8. windows shell experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows shell experience: Is windows shell experience host needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shell-experience/aeba2ada-cc17-4698-9bd1-3112b4299a61
  9. Microsoft family features blocking installation

Microsoft family features blocking installation: I'm attempting to install some old software for which I just have an .bin file. When I click on the setup.exe I get a message Ask for permission You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Setup Launcher I am the administrator, I am the adult in the family...
  10. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shell experience family permission

2. microsoft family features windows shell experience

3. windows shell experience

4. windows shell experience family,
  5. Youll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Windows Shell Experience ,
  6. family features windows shell experience message,
  7. windows shell experience microsoft family,
  8. windows shell experience permission,
  9. microsoft family feature ask for permission windows shell experience,
  10. youll need to ask an adult shell extension,
  11. microsoft family features ask for permission windows shell experience,
  12. ask for permission windows shell experience,
  13. youll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use windows shell experience ,
  14. windows shell experience ask an adult,
  15. windows shell experience parental problem