Windows 10: Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

Discus and support Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To prevent KB4056892 from installing I download the MS Show/Hide update tool, but I have no idea which one of these is KB4056892 since it does not list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by idahosurge, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

To prevent KB4056892 from installing I download the MS Show/Hide update tool, but I have no idea which one of these is KB4056892 since it does not list the KB#. For all I know none of these are KB4056892.

Does anyone know if any of the updates listed are KB4056892?

Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892? [​IMG]

:)

idahosurge, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Kyle559 Win User

Please Help! Windows 10 Update 1709 keeps failing !!!

Are you supposed to run the .cab file everytime you want to run the show/hide tool?

I used the show/hide tool last night but the stupid 1709 update was already Re-downloading itself in the Windows Update. I went ahead an ran the show/hide update tool anyway and I checked the box for the 1709 update (it continued to download).

My question is: the Show/Hide update tool showed a bunch of pending updates (intel drivers etc) but I've never seen these updates come up in the Windows Update menu? Should I try and download these updates individually? Is there a way to globally download
    and install these updates? Because Windows Update has not shown me the updates that the Show/Hide tool is showing.

Kyle559, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Prevent the feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

The show hide/updates tool will only show 1709 if its a pending up thats ready to install.

Which version of Windows 10 is now installed on the computer?

Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892?

None of them (unless the name is completely wrong).

KB4056892 is Januarys cumulative update and is described like this:

Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892? [​IMG]

You sure you haven't installed it already?

EDIT: You could try this anyway Windows Update MiniTool

It is better than that MS troubleshooter for hiding updates.

5. Not installed, I checked.

The reason I am asking is because numerous places on the net, even one place on Ten Forums, said that you could use this tool to hide the update.

I read what MS said about the update and yes it does not say anything about meltdown, but MS also says to install the January update to protect against spectre and meltdown. KB4056892 is the January update for Win 10 1709.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ectre-meltdown

This update breaks to many things (in particular Asus software) on to many computers so I do not want to install it on my home HEDT until it is all sorted out.

idahosurge, Jan 15, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    Hard for me to check if it works as I've installed it already but try WUMT (link above). I think it is clearer to use.

In any case you can only hide a update that is being offered - if Windows Update isn't offering it to you then you will not be able to hide it - that would apply both to WUMT or the MS troubleshooter...

You can disable the Spectre/Meltdown fixes via regedit even if you've installed the patch incidentally if that is the bit that concerns you Code: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f[/quote]

7. Bree New Member
    You can only hide an update if it is one that shows as available for your machine. This particular update won't be shown as available until your AV has confirmed it is compatible with this update. This includes Defender, so to be able to see this update you must make sure Defender has been updated to the latest definitions. If you use a 3rd-party AV, check they have their latest updates.

Cumulative Update KB4056892 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.192 - Windows 10 Forums

8. Bree New Member

9. Steve C Win User
    That update appeared explicitly in the above list for me and it was easy to block. It appears the update has not been offered to you yet.

Steve C, Jan 16, 2018
  10. cooloutac Win User
    I don't use ai suite, i find it always conflicts with other software. I prefer cpu-z to get diagnostics. and a 3rd party monitoring program for temps. Argus monitor is my favorite and what I use, but there are more free and popular ones out there.

I routinely check for driver updates on the asus website. They pretty much have an update for almost everything right now.

I do use sonic studio and AURA and ramcache II which work fine after update.

cooloutac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Show/Hide Tool - Which one is KB4056892? - Similar Threads - Show Hide Tool

2. Show/Hide Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show/Hide Tool: Anyone else having trouble downloading the Show/Hide tool from Microsoft? All I get is a Microsoft 404 page. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and even Internet Explorer. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...owhide.diagcab Ben Windows 10 Home version 2004 Build 19041.804...
  3. Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Show or Hide Updates Tool - is it still available?: Hi. I had a problem which I fixed by uninstalling KB4601345. Naturally, I don't want that Update to install again so I googled myself to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-19219ef19cc1 Clicking on the link to the tool leads to a 404 error. Is the Show or Hide...
  4. Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Show/Hide Update Tool Unavailable: I've been trying to hide this driver that keeps on reinstalling on Windows update. The driver that I have installed is the latest driver from AMD's website. Windows keeps on trying to reinstall this update that is older and it's really annoying. I've done some research and...
  5. Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft’s Show or Hide Updates tool: Basically Windows 10 1809 does not work well with my systems at all. I have one Lenovo and one HP laptop that when the update installed the speed of the computers slowed down by maybe 25 to 35 percent. On each laptop if I unplug from a power source the screen just gets...
  6. Show Hide tool couldn't be downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Show Hide tool couldn't be downloaded: Hi! I am wanting to install the latest AMD reccommended driver from AMD, which is different from the driver windows update installs automatically. In the process, I'm supposed to run windows update, but not to update the graphics card driver. In my attempt to download the...
  7. failed to install KB4056892

failed to install KB4056892: I have a Elitebook 2560p and I have a clean install of Windows 10 on it (not officially supported by HP but it works fine without third party driver apart the ones that Windows auto download from Windows update). I have a problem with KB4056892 it fails with the error code...
  8. Big problems with update KB4056892

Big problems with update KB4056892: One of my machines is a HP Laptop. This has windows 10 - 64 bit O/S. Build 1709 (build 16299.192. Laptop has a AMD processor. It has updated itself - and keeps trying to install KB4056892. This goes all the way through, until there is a message to restart. Following a...
  9. Still haven't received KB4056892

Still haven't received KB4056892: I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows Defender, and when I checked just now, the cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc registry value was already there and set to 0....
  10. Win 10 "show/hide tool" not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 "show/hide tool" not working: I have Win 10. My GPU works with the stock driver but if it is Updated by windows the GPU stops and goes to default setting causing my second display (HD TV) to stop working.When i found the "show/hide tool- the problem of my PC updating my display driver was solved.... for...
Tags: