Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up

Discus and support Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Theerlan Win User

My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you want to tell how to upload it. Thanks

:)

Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018
  2. twicksisted Win User

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Vanessa Yar Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up - Similar Threads - show icons file

2. Windows 10 want show icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 want show icons: [IMG][IMG]This is the message i get on my windows 10 laptop when i turn it on. How can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-want-show-icons/fe8845cd-135e-4aa0-8636-084e6d448610
  3. Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar: How can I get all the icons to show? There are some other icons that should be showing but they are not, there is only a solid grey bar to the right....
  4. cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons

cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons: since the last Microsoft update, I have up/down arrows on my taskbar and my icons are to the left of the arrows, and I have to move up or down to see all of the icons. All the icons would show previously to the right of the arrows and they would all be in a row. Now only...
  5. app icons on start shows down arrow

app icons on start shows down arrow: I tried wsreset, signing out and logging back in, checked my region. I recently reset my laptop and did a system restore, still no luck. I checked the Microsoft store, it says that all my apps are updated, but still the smart menu icons are shown as down arrow. also, when I...
  6. Desktop icons are not showing up despite all possible efforts to restore

Desktop icons are not showing up despite all possible efforts to restore: I have Windows 10 and one day randomly all my desktop icons weren't there. If I open up file explorer and go to desktop all the files are there, but i have tried every possible solution on these forums and on youtube and all have fallen short of the desired result....
  7. Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away: My Windows 10 defender is showing [ATTACH] in the lower right portion of my desktop screen - I guess that is the task bar by the date/clock. all the windows defender setting are set [ATTACH] So what can I do to get rid of the [ATTACH] because it was not there before?...
  8. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10): Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC. Firstly, what I did was research how to do so and found that I could access the 'regedit' component via using the 'Run' Desktop application. I was told that...
  9. Desktop does not show all file icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop does not show all file icons: My Win10 Desktop seems to have problems. I can copy a file to the desktop but no icon show for it. But pressing WindowsE shows it as present. Is there any way to ensure the icon always appears ? Thanks. 66529
  10. Some file type show wrong icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some file type show wrong icon.: Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same as in the screenshoot: [img] All error files have icon same like this picture, but all file is can opened with right...