Windows 10: Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up

Discus and support Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Theerlan Win User

Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up

My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you want to tell how to upload it. Thanks

:)

Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018
  2. twicksisted Win User

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Vanessa Yar Win User
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up - Similar Threads - show icons file

2. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...
  3. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  4. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer: Hello, I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other programs are just blank spaces, whether they are just open or also pinned to the bar. Also, in Explorer I'm having an issue...
  5. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up: Hi, A few weeks ago some icons on my taskbar and prewiews on certain images were missing. I don't know what happened. I've tried a lot of things to make it come back, but it didn't. Does anyone knows what might be happening? This is really irritating :( [ATTACH]...
  6. iPad wont show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPad wont show up in file explorer: I make art sometimes and I use both my PC and my iPad, so I need to sync them. I used to be able to sync my art from my iPad to my PC by plugging it in and pressing the iPad thing in file explorer, and I could do everything like normal. I wanted to move files from my PC to my...
  7. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...
  8. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...
  9. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...
  10. Explorer not showing Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not showing Desktop icons?: Hey all, I noticed that when opening Desktop in Windows Explorer, it doesn't show any of the icons of This PC, My Documents, Network and Recycle Bin. I have enabled these icons to be shown on the Desktop through the "Desktop Icons Settings" option. However, Explorer...