Windows 10: Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up

Discus and support Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Theerlan Win User

Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up

My laptop desktop shows only shortcut label with no icons. File explorer also show no icons and quick access show nothing. I have the screenshot if you want to tell how to upload it. Thanks

:)

Theerlan, Jul 6, 2018

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 6, 2018
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 6, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows show no icons and file explorer messed up - Similar Threads - show icons file

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.

Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.: These icons don't show up but the buttons still work. Not sure how to fix this. :I tried deleting the icon cache but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-ribbon-icons-not-showing-up/2362deef-28d7-46da-bb76-f78597d5140c
  5. Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.: These icons don't show up but the buttons still work. Not sure how to fix this. :I tried deleting the icon cache but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-ribbon-icons-not-showing-up/2362deef-28d7-46da-bb76-f78597d5140c
  6. File explorer messed up by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  7. File explorer messed up by itself

File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  8. File explorer is broken and icons are showing up as black squares

File explorer is broken and icons are showing up as black squares: As the subject says, my file explorer is broken and there is a problem with my icons. I tried restarting explorer, rebuilding the icon cache and doing disk check's and nothing has worked so far. File explorer: https://imgur.com/a/pvNd63PDesktop: https://imgur.com/a/WT3ZEL0...
  9. The File Explorer mess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The File Explorer mess: For 40 years I have been using Windows with a file manager that showed on the left a vertical line with the sub-folders included into any folder I chose to look into. Then, by simply clicking any file or sub-folder in the vertical line, I could open them or look into them....
  10. Windows Explorer messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer messing up: Hi Win 10 OK so up until about a week ago I had no issues with Windows Explorer when I would try and save or move around files/folders but this last weeks been a nightmare trying to do anything in explorer up to and including moving and deleting files out of the recycle...