Windows 10: Windows Snipping Tool

Discus and support Windows Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to use my Windows Snipping Tool Today and it would not open. it worked the last time I used it About 2 weeks ago I have never had any trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows Snipping Tool

I tried to use my Windows Snipping Tool Today and it would not open. it worked the last time I used it About 2 weeks ago I have never had any trouble with it until today Thanks for any help.
    I have windows 10 32 bit

:)

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  2. RupKumar1 Win User

Windows 10 - Snipping Tool

You can take screenshot on windows 10 using a very handy feature snipping tool. No need to download snipping tool for windows 10. There are several ways present to take screenshot on windows 10 and the most famous is clicking “windows+print screen” key.

Windows 10 snipping tool
    allows you to take screenshot in a easier way with the help of snipping tool mode and timer.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool is by searching “Snipping tool” text in windows 10 search section and there you will find the snipping tool application.

See below some snipping tool windows 10 :

• Skitch
    • Monosnap
    • Lightshot
    Snipping tool windows 10 is the source of this information. Please go through it and find more information.

RupKumar1, Apr 24, 2016
  3. RupKumar1 Win User
    I cannot locate Snipping Tool in Windows 10.

The most easiest way to open a snipping tool hit “Windows+R” and type “snippingtool” with enter you open

snipping tool in windows 10

RupKumar1, Apr 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Snipping Tool

Mine opens ok.

Can you do a system restore and pick a date about 2 weeks ago as your restore point ?
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  6. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks davidhK I will give it a try sounds good I will let you know How I like it Thanks for the quick reply

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Should you need to know more about how to use Picpick, feel free to post back.

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  8. jerrypc1 Win User

Windows Snipping Tool

Thanks David...Will Do

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Windows Snipping Tool [​IMG]
    davidhk Thanks for the program I like it better than snipper the picpick shortcut I did to show you I was useing it already.
    *Thumbs

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Good.

Picpick has many many more options than Snipping Tool which is no more than an "introduction to screen-capturing" variety.

Have you done a system restore to find out if you can restore Snipping Tool ?

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  11. jerrypc1 Win User
    No I don't Think I need the snipping tool now that I have the Pic Pick Thanks

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Well, bear in mind of this.........................whatever has happened to Snipping Tool could also happen to other apps.
    Best to know how to fix it which might be applicable to other apps.

Just a cautionary reminder.

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows Snipping Tool

I have tried a lot screen capturing apps. Screenpresso yields the most beautiful screengrabs among them.

14. jerrypc1 Win User
    I tried the system restore and it went through the whole thing just like it was working but when it finished and restarted a popup said nothing had changed i mean nothing I have tried the system restore in the past and got the same thing ...nothing and yes it is on and it is set on my primary C and it showed me many restores to choose from I chose one it went through the whole thing and nothing changed???

jerrypc1, Apr 24, 2016
  15. essenbe Win User
    *Ditto A lot more options too.

essenbe, Apr 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows Snipping Tool

1. Windows Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  7. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  8. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  9. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  10. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d