Windows 10: windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m

Discus and support windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upgrading from win 8.1 Pro to win10. Seemed to be going well and then saw lost internet connection in systray. Troubleshooting came up with "windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trbodden, Nov 26, 2015.

1. trbodden Win User

windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m

Upgrading from win 8.1 Pro to win10. Seemed to be going well and then saw lost internet connection in systray. Troubleshooting came up with "windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are missing". Can anyone help resolving this item? I can connect to the internet but not to the LAN.

:)

trbodden, Nov 26, 2015
  2. ClairePWN Win User

How to reset Windows Sockets for network connectivity.

Original Title:

How to fix: "Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing"

ClairePWN, Nov 26, 2015
  3. samseal Win User
    Lost internet connection after connecting TV and PC

Hi Sujata

Wired. Ran Trouble shooter = Window sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Sam

samseal, Nov 26, 2015
  4. mickey Win User

I have just had same mine said protocols missingi went control panel then trouble shoot as administrator problem solved

mickey, Nov 26, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    Do the following in a admin level command prompt:
    Code: netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset netsh int ipv6 reset netsh winsock reset[/quote]

Almighty1, Nov 27, 2015
  6. trbodden Win User
    thanks for the advice guys but win10 at this point is still not a "polished performer" in my opinion. I'll wait until a few weeks before the deadline, hoping that there will be many changes that will allow me to upgrade without too much trouble.

Mickey, I tried your solution but no go.

AlmightyOne, I'll hold this for my future attempt.

thanks again

trbodden, Nov 27, 2015
  7. DikH Win User
    Almighty1,

I tried your fix, this is what I got:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh advfirewall resetOk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset
    Resetting Interface, OK!
    Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
    Resetting Neighbor, OK!
    Resetting Path, OK!
    Resetting , failed.
    Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!
    Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ipv6 reset
    Resetting Interface, OK!
    Resetting Neighbor, OK!
    Resetting Path, OK!
    Resetting , failed.
    Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!
    Resetting , OK!
    Restart the computer to complete this action.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh winsock reset

Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog.
    You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The problem was not fixed. Note the "Resetting , failed. Access is denied." failures. I am administrator and ran the commands with Command Prompt as Administrator.

I have done all the usual things, get the latest driver (already had it, but reloaded any way), deleted the NIC and let Windows find and install it.

This machine is my laptop: Dell Inspiron 710 with i5-2450M @2.5GHz, 8GB ram

It has been working fine since the upgrade and even KB3103688 (on 11/27/15) was fine. This morning this issue started. I have another 3 machines running win 10, each has some sort of issue, but this laptop has not had any until now.

Help!

DikH, Dec 2, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

@DikH, what is the exact problem you have? Did you check the network connection itself by right clicking Start Menu then Network Connections, right click on the network adapter and then properties and looking at the list to make sure that there is nothing that is there that is uninstalled already?

Almighty1, Dec 4, 2015
  9. DikH Win User
    I never would have guessed, but this and some other network issues were resolved when I rebooted our Cisco VOIP adapter.

DikH, Dec 4, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    I guess some of the problems have the weirdest solutions!

Almighty1, Dec 4, 2015
  11. Pamela Win User
    [/quote] Hello-- Just tried this fix as we're having the identical problem on a home laptop upgraded from Win8 to Win10 about 4 months ago. All was perfect, until last week we got some malware and ended up having to start over -- reset the settings and programs to factory. But, it didn't reset to Win8 as expected, it reset to Win10, and ever since, no internet access. Four other computers on the same network are having no problem, just this one. Says windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. Have tried every fix we've found mentioned, including yours. We got same results as DikH mentions (below). Any other suggestions?

Pamela, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows sockets registry entries required for network connection are m - Similar Threads - sockets registry entries

2. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  3. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  4. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  5. registry entries

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  6. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  7. Windows Socket Registry entries missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Socket Registry entries missing: Hey, I've been having network issues recently, mainly an inconsistent network connection, and I've noticed that while most of the time it works fine, on certain routers, it will immediately disconnect from the router. Furthermore, when it stays connected and it cannot get...
  8. windows socket registry entries missing

windows socket registry entries missing: Trying to share some folders between two PC's on my network. I can in one direction but not in the other. And it's the other direction that I need it to work. The Issue appears to be the HTPC. When I run the network diagnostic tool on it I get, "one or more network...
  9. Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?

Get network connectivity back - Sockets missing?: History: All of a sudden, of course, it happened. Went to open Firefox (don't recall the version, but not more than 2-3 months old,) on my portable, it opened but all the favs I tried responded with "No server found." I then tried iExplorer and got the same response....
  10. Windows Socket Registry entries missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Socket Registry entries missing: Hey, I've been having network issues recently, mainly an inconsistent network connection, and I've noticed that while most of the time it works fine, on certain routers, it will immediately disconnect from the router. Furthermore, when it stays connected and it cannot get...