Windows 10: Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables...

Discus and support Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Take an example, an application only shows a 7.1 option if the device is detected as a 7.1 device. Windows Sonic keeps the device recognized as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dorklingshot, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables...

Take an example, an application only shows a 7.1 option if the device is detected as a 7.1 device.

Windows Sonic keeps the device recognized as Stereo, and the application doesn't have a 7.1 option.

This makes windows sonic useless for me. as almost every game I have has 7.1 surround but wont output it because the device is recognized as stereo, so it outputs stereo, and even worse, Windows sonic is disabled when something as a stereo input.

If there's anyway to fix this, please tell me.

:)

Dorklingshot, Jul 17, 2018

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Boyfriend Win User
    Boyfriend, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables...

1. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables... - Similar Threads - Sonic doesn't applications

2. Realtek microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  3. Realtek microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  4. Ansi doesn't work, even though VirtualTerminalLevel is set to 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ansi doesn't work, even though VirtualTerminalLevel is set to 1: Hi,I'm trying to use a python text mode module, and it apparently requires the use of ansi codes.I can't get it to work, and it appears it's because Ansi is not enabled.There was no VirtualTerminalLevel in the registry under Console, so I had to add it manually.But even after...
  5. Ansi doesn't work, even though VirtualTerminalLevel is set to 1

Ansi doesn't work, even though VirtualTerminalLevel is set to 1: Hi,I'm trying to use a python text mode module, and it apparently requires the use of ansi codes.I can't get it to work, and it appears it's because Ansi is not enabled.There was no VirtualTerminalLevel in the registry under Console, so I had to add it manually.But even after...
  6. Ansi doesn't work, even though VirtualTerminalLevel is set to 1

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows setting application not working.

Windows setting application not working.: I am having a strange issue I cant find any fixes for and I am worried it might be malware. For some reason I cant access anything in my windows setting and every option does not work. No drop down menus will open, and not links will work. I also have no backups to restore to...
  8. Windows setting application not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows setting application not working.: I am having a strange issue I cant find any fixes for and I am worried it might be malware. For some reason I cant access anything in my windows setting and every option does not work. No drop down menus will open, and not links will work. I also have no backups to restore to...
  9. How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?: Now, if I don't want spacial audio, that's easy. The issue is that I DO want spacial audio. I just want to be able to use DTS and NOT Windows Sonic. For some stupid reason though Windows randomly chooses to override my selection, and set it to Windows Sonic. Which I don't...
  10. Disable 1 Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 1 Setting: Hi everyone *Smile I just got the Anniversary update! Found that a new item added to the Settings: Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device I just wanna find this item's registry key in order to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sonig doesnt work