Windows 10: Windows Sound Balance

Discus and support Windows Sound Balance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been messing around with the sound balance for the left & right channels in Realtek HD Audio & I was wondering how do you set it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saveusrandy, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Windows Sound Balance

I have been messing around with the sound balance for the left & right channels in Realtek HD Audio & I was wondering how do you set it back to default. Do I just set the sound levels in the channels even again or is there a default button I'm missing.

Thanks, Randy

:)

saveusrandy, Mar 20, 2016
  2. RayL. Win User

Realtek Speakers One Louder Than the Other

I have a Lenovo Y510P laptop running on Windows 10, and after some use I realized that my speaker sounds are no longer balanced, meaning my left speaker is louder than my right speaker. I have tried troubleshooting the sound driver, disabling and enabling
    the sound drivers, and uninstalling the realtek high definition audio driver and reinstalling

, or technically updating, to the newest driver from their website. None of those has fixed the unbalanced sound. The only way for me to get balanced sound is by going to the sound driver properties and balancing it from there. Is there a way for me to
    fix the sound so that I do not have to use the balance to get the two speakers to sound at the same volume? I mean, when I got this laptop both speakers operated at same volume without the need of balancing in the properties menu...

RayL., Mar 20, 2016
  3. how to stop popping notification sound on lumia 640 xl?

How to stop sound at notification flash massage for balance or net balance enquiry?

ShouvikHalder, Mar 20, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows Sound Balance

Seems like you may have to uninstall the Realtek drivers and reinstall, i do not use Realtek seems odd but what i read.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_12313701_res...ngs.html#close

I have Creative does not happen like this for me, if i change i can undo and i can create profiles to be saved for each setting changes.

You are talking about within the Realtek Audio Manager ?

jds63, Mar 20, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Will this work ?...................

Go to Speakers Properties > Advanced tab > Restore Defaults

davidhk, Mar 20, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    No, it wont.
    Set them back manually. There may be something in the Realtek App.

Edit: No, I couldn't find anything. It is even harder to set balance, since it is only graphic interface.

AndreTen, Mar 21, 2016
  7. JohnC Win User
    Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar notification area. Select sound. Select playback tab, double click on speakers, select level tab in speaker properties click on balance. Now adjust the sliders as you wish.

Windows Sound Balance [​IMG]

JohnC, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Windows Sound Balance

Sorted it out thanks to you guys. Thank you so much.

saveusrandy, Mar 21, 2016
  9. I have a Dell Precision M4800 running Win 10 Pro. Initially the audio was connected to an IoGear GCS1902 KVM switch and from there to a pair of Altec Lansing speakers. In my case I had nothing coming out of the left channel as confirmed via the Balance control and the Test button on the Advanced tab. I connected the speakers directly to the laptop and had the same issue.

On the assumption that the speaker had failed I disconnected the speakers and connected my headphones, and got a popup I don't recall seeing previously, asking what I had just plugged in. I selected headphones and repeated the test, and got audio on both channels.

Then I paid closer attention when I removed the headphones and plugged the speakers back in, selected Speakers, and magically had sound on both channels. So another possible cause is having the wrong type of device selected.

HTH!

JeffInTampa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Sound Balance

1. Windows Sound Balance - Similar Threads - Sound Balance

2. Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly: I use a program to play sound on the right ear a little quieter because of a hearing deficiency, but recently last 2 ish weeks my sound balance keeps changing. I dont know if its because either of the sides become quieter or louder or something else completely but Im having...
  3. Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly: I use a program to play sound on the right ear a little quieter because of a hearing deficiency, but recently last 2 ish weeks my sound balance keeps changing. I dont know if its because either of the sides become quieter or louder or something else completely but Im having...
  4. Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usb sound device not balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb sound device not balanced: I am using a headset with a usb connector, it seems that the realtek driver does not work with the usb, the headset will sometimes fall into an unbalanced state with the volume on the left side noticeably louder from 20 - 30% compared with the right side. It will stay there...
  6. Usb sound device not balanced

Usb sound device not balanced: I am using a headset with a usb connector, it seems that the realtek driver does not work with the usb, the headset will sometimes fall into an unbalanced state with the volume on the left side noticeably louder from 20 - 30% compared with the right side. It will stay there...
  7. Can only hear out of one headphone left no balance button sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only hear out of one headphone left no balance button sound control panel: Can only hear out of one headphone left GSP 370 EPOS SENNHEISER and dont have a balance button in sound control panel. Also whenever I play a test audio through it, I get a very quiet glitchy audio throught the right earphone. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can hear...
  8. Can only hear out of one headphone left no balance button sound control panel

Can only hear out of one headphone left no balance button sound control panel: Can only hear out of one headphone left GSP 370 EPOS SENNHEISER and dont have a balance button in sound control panel. Also whenever I play a test audio through it, I get a very quiet glitchy audio throught the right earphone. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can hear...
  9. Can only hear out of one headphone left no balance button sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 11 keeps auto-adjusting Speaker sound balance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps auto-adjusting Speaker sound balance: Hi,Every time I boot up my computer, the left channel volume for my speakers is reduced down to 30 in my sound output settings. I'm so sick of manually readjusting the sound every single time I boot up my computer. How do I stop Windows from doing this?? I want the right and...