Windows 10: Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen

Discus and support Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the anniversary update, the spotlight feature works on Login screen as well (yay!!) But... anecdotal evidence indicates that currently the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by seemebreakthis, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen

With the anniversary update, the spotlight feature works on Login screen as well (yay!!)

But... anecdotal evidence indicates that currently the Windows Spotlight will ONLY change pictures at a later time after you have invoked the lock screen at least once.

But the problem is, not everyone has a habit of going to the lock screen daily (like me with my home machine that basically doesn't need to be locked, unlike in an office environment). As it is now, if I want to see a new spotlight picture for my power-up login screen, the only way that works for me is to go to the LOCK screen on purpose after I have signed in, then go back to desktop immediately. Then on the next day, I will most likely see a new picture for my login screen.

.... Why do I have to lock my screen JUST for the sake of seeing a new spotlight picture on my login screen?? Or have I missed anything here?

:)

seemebreakthis, Oct 26, 2016

2. From login screen to Spotlight keybaord shortcut

When I lock my computer in Windows 10, I see the Spotlight screen. Then I press a key and the Spotlight picture slides up and brings up the login screen. Is there a way I can bring the Spotlight picture back instead of logging in? It does time out eventually
    but it would be nice to quickly force it back. Thanks.

Josiah_788, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342 Lock Screen background is black.

When I switch on my laptop, the Lock Screen background picture(which I've set on Windows Spotlight) shows only a default picture each time. Which also shows up on the login screen

Now when I lock the laptop the Lock Screen background is completely black, though the windows spotlight image does show up on the login screen. ****? How may I repair this on my side or is there gonna be an update?

Edit: After much research I've come to know that the lock screen on boot up is called the system lock screen, and the login screen after that is the system login screen. The screen that is black is the USER lock screen. Cortana, the clock and everything
    else appears fine on the black screen.

Saurabh Wanivadekar, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen

1. Windows Spotlight and the initial power-up Login screen - Similar Threads - Spotlight initial power

2. White screen after deployment and initial login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen after deployment and initial login: I have many users who, after initially deploying a windows 10 device and signing in, receive a blank white screen. As an IT Tech, I know the fix, but advising our users over the phone to perform the fix isn't always necessarily feasible. It would make more sense for Microsoft...
  3. PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?: Hello everyone,I'm currently using Win 10 22H2 no updates available and I can't remember when this problem appeared the first time but this has been going on for a while at least a year, even across versions e.g. with 21H2:Usually I press the enter key to switch to the screen...
  4. PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?: Hello everyone,I'm currently using Win 10 22H2 no updates available and I can't remember when this problem appeared the first time but this has been going on for a while at least a year, even across versions e.g. with 21H2:Usually I press the enter key to switch to the screen...
  5. PC freezes on login screen problem with Spotlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Error Windows Spotlight Login

Error Windows Spotlight Login: I had used Windows Spotlight and still work fine but I clicked and it's show the blank blue screen without Windows Spotlight picture. So how can I fix this error?[ATTACH]...
  7. Initial screen login to access home screen

Initial screen login to access home screen: My computer screen is not letting your login to the main screen so I can access my home screen. I am being told that your credentials are incorrect. I am also being asked to access your account account.live.com. Well, I can't as I cant get the the home screen. So if anyone...
  8. W10 login screen picture windows spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 login screen picture windows spotlight: How can I lock it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-login-screen-picture-windows-spotlight/9f31f70a-1577-4174-a42e-f80882368503
  9. Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight

Initial Login screen. Pic rarely changes, even with Windows Spotlight: I run with 3 Windows Pro 10 machines.. All on build 1703. All logging in via my Microsoft account. Anyway, on my main desktop machine, the initial login screen, where it asks you to put your pin in, rarely changes.. Maybe every 90 or so days. Whereas my personal laptop and...
  10. How to change the initial login screen

How to change the initial login screen: They are often changing the initial login screen which is most annoying when the put up a pic that I do not like. Can we stop them form doing that?*Mad 68204