Windows 10: Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Discus and support Windows spotlight lock screen image location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobsagetfullhou, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock screen picture?

Thanks.

Windows spotlight lock screen image location [​IMG]

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 15, 2015

2. Bing Windows 10 - Where are the Spotlight Image taken? How can I find out who has the copyright to a Spotlight Image so I can get permission to Reuse?

thanks, but those are not the same images i see on my Windows 10 lock screen,

I am trying to found out the info/location for the Spotlight images on my Windows 10 Lock Screen

brett.thomp, Apr 15, 2015
  3. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Apr 15, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Check here:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Asset s

they look like this:

copy them to your desktop and rename them something.jpg

Edwin, Apr 15, 2015
  5. Great, was able to find the pic, thanks!

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 15, 2015
  6. caphe Win User
    Hello all,
    Thanks so much, I was able to find these hidden pictures! However, a week ago, the lock screen was a truly dynamic one that I really wanted, and I looked all over Microsoft's website and did an image search and could not locate it. I didn't know about the above method until now. I did it, and it worked - but it looks like that folder of pictures has changed sometime in the past week? The picture that I really, really wanted is not there (and neither is the lock screen picture that switched it out a few days ago).

I tried to restart my computer to see if a new lock screen folder would download but it did not work. Below is a copy of the picture. Please help?

caphe, May 17, 2015
  7. bobsagetfullhou, May 17, 2015
  8. caphe Win User

Thank you! However, that picture is a vertical one - the one I really, really like is the horizontal. But THANK YOU for trying! I really appreciate it. (the horizontal one was originally a lock screen pic of mine and now it's gone!)

caphe, May 17, 2015
  9. Today is your lucky day..

http://win-community.ru/uploads/post...73db5f0b55.jpg

bobsagetfullhou, May 17, 2015
  10. caphe Win User
    This is why I love the internet. I am amazed. You really made my week. All I can say is - thank you. Thank you!

caphe, May 17, 2015
  11. haha, glad I could help.

bobsagetfullhou, May 17, 2015
  12. caphe Win User
    Hello all, in case anyone wants to refresh the lock screen folder with new images - restarting won't do it.

However, if you right click somewhere on the screen and select "Personalize" from the drop down screen, you should then get to a screen with a menu on the left. Click on "Lock Screen." Under the preview picture, change the setting from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture." Then switch it back to "Windows Spotlight". If you don't recognize the picture in the Preview that pops up, then that means your Lock Screen folder has new pictures in it.

I still didn't get the pic I wanted (bobsagetfullhou did find it for me though, thanks again!) but that folder had a new batch of pretty pictures in it.

caphe, May 17, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

I figured the images refreshed at a rate determined by MS but you may have a point.
    You may also be able to speed up the process by locking your screen and choosing the first option below the link, if it appears on your screen.

You can also navigate to the same by typing shell:appsfolder in a Run box and choose 'Windows Default Lock Screen' App

Edwin, May 17, 2015
  14. I was interested by your instructions on the pictures used by the spotlight collection. How do you add to it yourself? That folder does not store them in a jpg format.

gallicbear, May 23, 2015
  15. You just add a .jpg to the end of it and you're set.

bobsagetfullhou, May 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows spotlight lock screen image location - Similar Threads - spotlight lock screen

2. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  3. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  4. Lock screen image location

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image location: I recently updated Windows - now on build19042.746 i would like to find out the file location of the current lock screen image. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image-location/6baa1d7d-2fad-49a8-b92d-949d2e3c556d
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image: Dear Sir, I found some descriptive mistake in northern coast of Madagascar. Original text "This wide bay on the northern coast of Madagascar is a breeding ground for thousands of humpback whaleswho winter in the warmwaters of the Indian Ocean. The coral reefs, estuaries,...
  6. About saving lock screen image of spotlight

About saving lock screen image of spotlight: I like my windows 10 lock screen wallpaper very much. So.i want to save the background image of windows spotlight as image format. So how i do this...
  7. Lock screen spotlight but for own images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen spotlight but for own images: Hey guys, does anybody know if it is possible to have a daily rotation of lock screen images like the Windows spotlight but from a list I specify? Deadendthrills has an amazing black and white GTA IV images collection and I would love to have them on rotation if anybody is...
  8. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen: Hi all, I haven't posted here before, so hopefully it's not breaching etiquette to jump straight to the question! I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1903 (Build 18362.778) on a desktop computer. A while ago, I installed DisplayFusion to help support wallpaper rotation and...
  9. Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC

Lock Screen Image Location – On the PC: Hello, After installing Windows 10 Pro (OEM) on a new PC build last June I selected one of my own photos to edit and use as my Lock Screen. It looks great, but I would like to edit it further. I can’t find it! HELP!!! I can see it in Settings > Personalize > Lock...
  10. Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup: The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the same image. If I click the Windows button and "L" to lock it it will show a spotlight image. my computer at work when I...