Windows 10: Windows Spotlight not showing at startup

Discus and support Windows Spotlight not showing at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows spotlight didn't work for me even after trying those fixes mentioned on numerous sites. tried reinstalling several times to get it work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jasonx3, Nov 22, 2017.

1. jasonx3 Win User

Windows Spotlight not showing at startup

Windows spotlight didn't work for me even after trying those fixes mentioned on numerous sites. tried reinstalling several times to get it work and failed.

and then i decided to not login to my online Microsoft account and stay with a offline account and that fixed the problem partially.

however now i can see the image change if i press Windows + L or lock my pc using start menu or go to settings.
    but its shows the same default image from windows every time i turn on my PC
    my router is connected and turned on at windows startup

Windows Spotlight not showing at startup [​IMG]

Windows Spotlight not showing at startup [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

:)

jasonx3, Nov 22, 2017

2. Lock screen background stuck on Spotlight picture

When I press Win + L it shows me the one I picked out but on startup I see the Spotlight background

AaronTholl, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

* Merged. Images removed.

My pc is windows 10 pro 64 bit. Creator update is installed. I have applied the method to set windows lock screen as windows spotlight. But nothing change. I have already updated my windows to its latest Build. when I lock screen manually by WIN+L it
    locks and shows spotlight picture in lock screen. but at initial startup when pc starts pre login and sign in screen shows no spotlight wallpaper, it shows only desktop wallpaper. plz do needful. A screen shot picture of Windows 10 version and build is currently
    installed on my computer attachedand personalization settings attached.

ramkrishnachowdhury, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    I suspect not. The reason being that the behaviour @jasonx3 describes is exactly what I saw in CU (1703) and AU (1607).

Regardless of setting Spotlight as the lock screen and 'show lock screen background picture on sign in screen', the picture at start up was always whatever was selected as the lock screen's Picture setting (and if you'd never selected a Picture, that was the default 'cave' picture. Incidentally, in 1709 the default picture is now a mountain lake.)

Since updating to Fall Creators Update (1709) for the first time ever I see the Spotlight picture at start up.

Jasonx3, run Winver and check what version you have, if it's 1703 (or earlier) what you describe seems to be normal behaviour.

6. dalchina New Member
    Sometimes with 1703 you will see a non-Spotlight picture on booting, occasionally a spotlight picture but without the option to 'Like' it. Hence my question as to your Windows build.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    You're lucky - I don't recall ever seeing the Spotlight picture at start up. It was always very unpredictable exactly what I'd see. 1709 is consistently the Spotlight picture at boot.

8. jasonx3 Win User

Yes I'm on Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726)

On previous attempts to fix i tried both clearing the cache folder and re-registering the spotlight using Powershell
    and ended up not working

jasonx3, Nov 22, 2017
  9. jasonx3 Win User
    I ran the updater and now it's downloading the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709" let's see if this fix the issue.

jasonx3, Nov 22, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    That's quite a big step just to get Spotlight at start up *Smile

Spotlight has always been 'fragile'. You may still need to bookmark this tutorial for future use...

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

11. jasonx3 Win User
    jasonx3, Nov 22, 2017
  12. jasonx3 Win User
    New problem appeared after updating to 1709. my start menu and notification stopped working. going back to older version

jasonx3, Nov 23, 2017
  13. jasonx3 Win User

It looks like upgrading to 1709 and running Brinx's .bat file did the trick.

jasonx3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight not showing at startup - Similar Threads - Spotlight showing startup

2. Windows Spotlight shows blank wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight shows blank wallpaper: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y2z116/windows_spotlight_shows_blank_wallpaper/
  3. Windows spotlight not showing online photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight not showing online photos: 3 days ago, windows spotlight stopped showing me online photos:I checked:my wifi is good. i have turned on windows spotlightPlease help me fix it...
  4. Windows spotlight not showing online photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not showing online photos: 3 days ago, windows spotlight stopped showing me online photos:I checked:my wifi is good. i have turned on windows spotlightPlease help me fix it...
  5. Windows Spotlight Option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Option not showing: Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Home Single Language. Previously, I was using Windows Spotlight for the Lock Screen option but after upgrading the Windows Spotlight option has vanished and at the top of the Lock Screen setting, it is written that...
  6. Windows Spotlight is delaying to show

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight is delaying to show: Hi, community, I am Loyal. I am using Dell windows version 2004. My problem is when I turn on the computer the windows spotlight is delaying to show the sentences. I have tried all methods, help me out to get....
  7. Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo

Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo: Why did my Spotlight stop rotating photos? I have 1 ugly photo on right now with no Microsoft comments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-only-showing-1-photo/463b75f0-24f6-4598-a650-13e4abcff7ae
  8. windows spotlight showing grey

windows spotlight showing grey: Hi everyone, I have a problem the windows spotlight on the lock screen looks gray. I already tried it with the bat file to re-register but it was not fixed. Well, if someone can help me solve the problem very grateful in advance. Best regards. 149252
  9. Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in screen shows only window spotlight: Hello, In my desktop, I have 4 local users created, one is a local admin account. 2 accounts, include the admin, were working correctly, but other two are having issue on their's sign in screen. The problem is only one picture of Window SpotLight appeared on their sign in...
  10. WIndows Spotlight not working on Windows StartUp

WIndows Spotlight not working on Windows StartUp: After two latest Windows Cumulative updates 15063.632 and 15064.674 the option Windows Spotlight of changing Background pictures stopped working since the only Background picture we can see is the one of a beach and a cave. Before updates, changing Backgrounds pictures on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 startup screen