Windows 10: Windows start bar highlight broken

Discus and support Windows start bar highlight broken in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows start bar is showing up with a green highlight and I don't know how to reset it. I can't see what I type in this mode because the white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Levenstein, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Windows start bar highlight broken

My windows start bar is showing up with a green highlight and I don't know how to reset it. I can't see what I type in this mode because the white highlight is showing up on a white background.

:)

Daniel Levenstein, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Cursus Win User

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Pipps Win User
    Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 4, 2023
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Windows start bar highlight broken

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows start bar highlight broken

1. Windows start bar highlight broken - Similar Threads - start bar highlight

2. Windows start bar highlight broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start bar highlight broken: My windows start bar is showing up with a green highlight and I don't know how to reset it. I can't see what I type in this mode because the white highlight is showing up on a white background....
  3. Windows start bar highlight broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start bar highlight broken: My windows start bar is showing up with a green highlight and I don't know how to reset it. I can't see what I type in this mode because the white highlight is showing up on a white background....
  4. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  5. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  6. Search Bar Highlights

7. Highlighted Windows Search Bar

Highlighted Windows Search Bar: Sometimes my windows search bar will be partially highlighted. The only way I can get rid of it is by moving my mouse over it. Any solutions for this strange problem?...
  8. Highlighted items in Windows start

Highlighted items in Windows start: Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can solve it ?Certain apps/software are highlight in white compared to the others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighted-items-in-windows-start/82c505a0-65fc-4bce-a138-41129d7ad86a
  9. Highlighting is suddenly broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Highlighting is suddenly broken: Suddenly ever since I opened my laptop this morning I'm not able to highlight text most of the time. Browser text, Word text, what have you. I click to highlight text, hold it, then suddenly in the middle the mouse "unclicks", deletes the highlight I already made, and starts...
  10. Search bars and start menu broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bars and start menu broken: Search bar in task bar does not accept any input and flickers when clicked, search bars in windows accept input but display only empty pages instead of search results. Right clicking in start menu won't work and I also can't open any cascading menus in the start menu. Had...