Windows 10: Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Discus and support Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by princeharsh, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen.

Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands.

1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Result: This operation completed successfully.

2. sfc /scannow

Result: Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Result: Error 126 the specified module could not be found

Any leads on this repair? I also tried to open services.msc and hit 'Start' on the Windows Modules Installer.

:)

princeharsh, Jul 14, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 14, 2018
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jul 14, 2018
  4. dehermens Win User

Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

1. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Start button does

2. Windows 10 Start Button does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button does not work: Just started today. The start button and the Windows key do not respond. Would like to fix it or at least restore to an earlier date, but I can't get to the control panel. I've seen several references that the sound or video card needs to be reinstalled, but I can't get...
  3. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work: So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using...
  4. Shortcuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  5. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746
  6. Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work: Something has suddenly changed on my computer (I used the AOL Computer Checkup program yesterday but this problem seems to have started today). Here are the two issues: When I left click on the Start Button, nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop-up menu that is...
  7. start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    start button not working: I did the upgrade and know my start window wont work I cant get to the apps or shortcut windows*Mad 23819
  8. windows start button no left click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows start button no left click: Hello I have just upgraded from seven to ten. At first things were ok but I no longer have anything on the windows icon with left click. Also the new browser will not start and internet explorer browser icon went away. Can I do another free upgrade by using system restore?...
  9. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...