Windows 10: Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Discus and support Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by princeharsh, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen.

Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands.

1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Result: This operation completed successfully.

2. sfc /scannow

Result: Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Result: Error 126 the specified module could not be found

Any leads on this repair? I also tried to open services.msc and hit 'Start' on the Windows Modules Installer.

:)

princeharsh, Jul 14, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 14, 2018
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jul 14, 2018
  4. dehermens Win User

Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

1. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Start button does

2. The Start button does not work

in Cortana
    The Start button does not work: Buongiorno,Si è verificato un problema con il tasto Start su Windows server 2016 Citrix XenDesktop: dopo aver cliccato sul tasto “Start” il menu non veniva visualizzato.Abbiamo trovato una possibile soluzione a questo problema, eseguendo lo script PowerShell di seguito con...
  3. start button does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    start button does not work: Just bought a new HP AIO 22 R3 and all was fine until about an hour later. The start button quit. have read many solutions on the internet. I have a macrium backup of an image and also the file and folders. would doing a re install of windows 10 be a quick solution. I would...
  4. start button won't work on keyboard OR clicking on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button won't work on keyboard OR clicking on it: Brand new computer bought today not refurbished. It's been on 3-4 hours only. Now the start button won't work on the keyboard--and it won't work when I click on it on the screen. This is my 3rd brand new HP laptop since Dec that has done this. Windows 10....
  5. Start button right-click does not work (again)..

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button right-click does not work (again)..: Dear All, I presume some of you are familiar with the start button right click failure. I run Windows 2004, version 20175.1000 (pre-release 200717.1349). The failure of the right-click to work on the start button is an issue I've faced a few times. I have already visited...
  6. Windows 10 start button right click does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button right click does not work.: Windows 10 start button right click does not bring up the options menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-right-click-does-not-work/5f695c82-fc35-4dfe-b401-f81beeff1c30
  7. Start button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start button does not work: How do i fix a start button that has recently stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work/8dc0b3d8-e7d4-4e53-8b79-e6df51370962
  8. Shortcuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  9. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...