Windows 10: Windows Start Menu

Discus and support Windows Start Menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I just thought that you all might be interested. *Smile http://www.pcworld.com/article/21445...pps-today.html 1555 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Chuck38, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Windows Start Menu

Chuck38, Apr 16, 2014

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Apr 16, 2014
  3. Window Start Menu

the start menu on my desktop is not working. And some of my downloaded Windows Apps also is not working (Spotify, Skype, Messenger etc.)

How to fix it?

Hanie AnnFetalver, Apr 16, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Windows Start Menu

Pretty much happy with the start screen really see no reason to go back to a start menu. . .besides my iMac OS X doesn't have a start menu, so why have one on Win OS 8.1. . .*Biggrin

5. Hopefully you can turn it off. I don't think I'd use it. I like the current Start Screen.

alphanumeric, Apr 18, 2014
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I run Win 8.1.1 in Windows 7 mode *Smile
    Start8 for a Start menu, Quick Launch bar and Weather Gadget.

Was going to post a screen shot of my Desktop but all I can figure out how to do here is attach a file. Maybe that will do it.

Anyway, I like Windows 8 because it is so flexible. It can satisfy the Modern user and the Desktop user. It's been rock solid for me and very fast running off a Samsung 250GB SSD.

Ztruker, Apr 19, 2014
  7. bigseb Win User
    I add my day-to-day programs to the taskbar. For everything else there's the start button..

I like this arrangement.

bigseb, May 17, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Windows Start Menu

I add my day-to-day programs to the taskbar. For everything else there's the start screen..*Wink

Chuck38, May 18, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    I am running mine like Windows 7 1/2 (Asus 10incher). Classic Shell takes care of my Start Menu. My favorite programs on ObjectDock.

View attachment 1149

I never use gadgets/widgets for security reasons.

badrobot, May 19, 2014
  10. Rickkins Win User
    Ain't never gonna want metro crap in my start menu. Most likely just gonna stay with Classic Shell

Rickkins, May 19, 2014
  11. Hi

I've been using Classic Shell, plus Rocket Dock since Windows 7 first appeared.
    It makes Windows 8 work just like XP or Windows 7 what ever you want.

Windows Start Menu [​IMG]

My desktop has looked just like this for years, everything one click away.
    At least all the things I use on a regular basis.

My start screen has a couple of hundred icons on it, my all programs screen has over 400.
    It's just too much to sort through all the time, even when they are organised by category.

This works better for me.

Games and game related, on the right, then Windows utilities, then graphics software etc.
    The task bar has things I want to be able to access when I have an application window open, like Skype, Agent Ransack and Word.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Start Menu

1. Windows Start Menu - Similar Threads - Start Menu

2. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  3. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  4. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  6. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  7. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

8. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  9. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  10. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....