Windows 10: Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts

Discus and support Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my computer including changing from an Asus M5A99FX motherboard to a Gigabyte x470 Aorus. My problem is that when I boot the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tybee, Jun 7, 2018.

1. tybee Win User

Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts

I just upgraded my computer including changing from an Asus M5A99FX motherboard to a Gigabyte x470 Aorus. My problem is that when I boot the computer it starts and runs windows for about 3 minutes then this message pops up:

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (the next line shows a completion percentage and at 100 it restarts). It then says: For more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit windows.com/stopcode. (and) If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: AsIO.sys. "

Since it then reboots, it is an endless cycle. I found that AsIO is part of program installed by the old motherboard Asus AI Suit II which is even now showing up in the task bar . I attempted to uninstall it and now the start menu shows an Asus folder with an AI Suit subfolder but its empty. However, the icon still pops up in the task bar. but if I open it it only shows its menu which is unresponsive.

Under Programs Files (x86) there is an Asus folder full of files including AI Suit II. I hesitate to delete them for fear that a proper uninstall is required.

I would really appreciate it if I could get some expert advise on this.

:)

tybee, Jun 7, 2018

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Failure to configure the Windows 10 after update & restart

Hi,

This issue may occur due to a
    missing/corrupted system files
    that happened during the update. We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps to fix this matter:

Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      System and Security.

• Click on
      Windows Update
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 4:
    Manually Reset Windows Update Components.

After doing
    Method 1
    and
    Method 2
    but the issue still persists, you can
    manually reset the Windows Update Components and Run Windows Update process again.

Resetting
    Windows Update Components
    will fix those corrupted Components and will help the Update installation quickly. To reset
    Windows Update Components, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
        your computer and try to
        install Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts

1. Windows starts and runs about 3 mins then restarts - Similar Threads - starts runs mins

2. My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it: So a couple days ago a really annoying thing started happening. I looked around on forums, and asked a very technical friend of mine cause I am only reasonably technical with windows myself. My start menu stops opening after about 20 minutes of using my PC, and it only gets...
  3. My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start menu breaks after about 20 mins after restarting, and takes other things with it: So a couple days ago a really annoying thing started happening. I looked around on forums, and asked a very technical friend of mine cause I am only reasonably technical with windows myself. My start menu stops opening after about 20 minutes of using my PC, and it only gets...
  4. my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown: my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-3-5-min-after-shutdown/319a676b-db03-4a4c-844c-85a208fb6f2f
  5. Black screen every 3 hours of use for about 3 min and then it comes back to life like...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black screen every 3 hours of use for about 3 min and then it comes back to life like...: So I use my computer for school and I use it for about 8 hours every day and when I use it for 6 hours or even just 1 hour it goes black for 2 min. it is still running I can hear it and the camera is still on if I am in a zoom meeting. Also, I can still use the keyboard if...
  6. PC is restarting after 20 mins of playing games and getting error about...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is restarting after 20 mins of playing games and getting error about...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection and APPID Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID S-1-5-18 from address LocalHost Using LRPC...
  7. WI-FI Internet is restarting after 3-4 min

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI Internet is restarting after 3-4 min: My WI FI Internet restarts after every 3-4 minutes and I can not find the solution, I tried several things but I have not solved it yet, and the biggest problem is that I can not play any game because it gets me out of the game. A week ago I had no problem, so please help...
  8. Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins: why does it take 3 mins. to boot, I thought win 10 was supposed to be faster to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-to-boot-3-mins/841b9867-5d21-449b-bc66-277b929c1a5f
  9. BSOD about every 5 mins

BSOD about every 5 mins: Getting bsod about every 5 mins and have to reboot to use for about 5 more mins. Pretty sure that it is MB related and hoping your tool will help diag the problem. The bsod happens with both my win 10 OSs after about the same time frame. 120335
  10. Logon Takes 3-4 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon Takes 3-4 mins: Hey all Using Windows 10 Redstone, intel i7 laptop, with ssd. Startup takes about 8-10 secs after restart (power up). I've been using the hibernate feature for a long time, but last week when I restarted my computer it did not log on after I've entered my password. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC keeps restarting itself every 3 minutes and shows VIDEO_TDR_ FAILURE \(atikmpag.sys\)