Windows 10: Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

Discus and support Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshkanMH, Jul 18, 2018.

1. AshkanMH Win User

Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through control panel woould open such as wifi and Bluetooth and Cortana etc. I have tried the sfc /scannow and other solutions that I have found online regarding a non-working Start Menu and no result. any ideas? all the other apps like one note, chrome etc work.

:)

AshkanMH, Jul 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

Can't activate windows after clean reinstall

It sounds like you did this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Clean install Windows 10 again

The clean install will not activate if the original "upgrade install" didn't get activated prior to the clean install. What needs to happen is this:

• Install Windows 10 as upgrade from previous version
    • Activate Windows 10
    • Now you can clean install anytime without activation problems

I believe that step 2 got skipped. It should activate on it's own after several hours/days, but if you do a clean install before that's done (or don't manually activate yourself first), you will have to go back to step 1 and upgrade from inside your previous
    qualifying version (yes, that means re-installing Windows 7 or whatever you had before).

Please don't shoot the messenger Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall :)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

1. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall - Similar Threads - still faulty clean

2. Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall: As per title.Got a brand new HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11 in September, and it started crashing randomly about a week into using it, showing BSOD and immediately restarting itself. Tried reinstalling, updating and going back to previous versions of the drivers and the...
  3. Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall: As per title.Got a brand new HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11 in September, and it started crashing randomly about a week into using it, showing BSOD and immediately restarting itself. Tried reinstalling, updating and going back to previous versions of the drivers and the...
  4. After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus: About a month ago Microsoft Defender found the Trojan virus Wacatac.H!ml. and since then I have been struggling to solve this problem. I tried all the conventional ways to remove it, in the end I did a clean reinstallation of Windows with the deletion of all files. Even after...
  5. After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus: About a month ago Microsoft Defender found the Trojan virus Wacatac.H!ml. and since then I have been struggling to solve this problem. I tried all the conventional ways to remove it, in the end I did a clean reinstallation of Windows with the deletion of all files. Even after...
  6. Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall: Hello, everyone. I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve, regarding playing audio cd's on my computer. I've researched the problem, but I still haven't been able to solve it, so I'm seeking help with it. I'm running the most current version of Windows 10 (21H1), on...
  7. Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 still freezing even after clean installation: I have a Asus Vivobook X510UF laptop. I have below configurations - Windos 10 Home Single Language Version 1909, OS Build 18363.836 Core i5 8th Generation @1.6GHz 12 GB RAM 16 GB Optane Module 1 TB HDD The laptop was working fine, smooth, and fast until last month. It...
  8. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  9. Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Hello, Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling application (HP 8600 Network Pro Printer and scanner.) What is strange is using the tools and diagnostics from HP allows the Printer to scan and print but when I try to click on the...
  10. Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls: As the title states, I have been having a few BSOD crashes while using my computer (eg: Internet, Netflix and browsing files). Its a new build with every component new, except the GPU. I believe it might be hardware drivers as even after 4 clean re installs, its still giving...