Windows 10: Windows stop code oxc0000218

Discus and support Windows stop code oxc0000218 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a home built computer that I built. I'm using MSI MS7977 mobo also known as Z170A Gaming M5. I have a Intel I7 6700, 64 GB RAM. M.2 SSD by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by str8nfast, Jul 11, 2018.

1. str8nfast Win User

Windows stop code oxc0000218

I have a home built computer that I built. I'm using MSI MS7977 mobo also known as Z170A Gaming M5. I have a Intel I7 6700, 64 GB RAM. M.2 SSD by Samsung, 2, 1 - 2 TB HDD and 1.5 TB Hybrid HD, I am also running a Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler kit. This configuration has been running fine for 2 years. This past Friday, Before I tried for a second time to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 1803 from 1709, The first time 1803 was pushed to me, things did not go well!!! Turns out that MSI motherboards were not compatible with 1803. And Microsoft had to withdraw the update to improve the update. Once again it was pushed to my computer after having 5 different level 1 and 2 tech support people attempting to turn off 1803 push to my computer, where they went into my registry and many different places and yet it still was pushed on a mobo that wasn't compatible? It has been several months since that happened and no information on mobo web site stating that it is still not compatible with 1803. After the upgrade, my computer is a total train wreck!!My case fans stopped working, CPU pump and fans stopped working, and in order for the computer to boot I had to remove a stick of RAM. My monitor turned to black screens? So I contacted the MSI, I updated my BIOS, updated my on board display drivers, installed latest M.2 firmware. It's important to note that prior to making that upgrade all systems were GO. Contacted Microsoft tech support where I was told that stop code "oxc0000218" was a hardware issue? I also have a "page fault in non page area". So I asked the Supervisor of Level 1 Tech Support to move windows back to 1709. Once that was complete, Case fans started working, CPU cooler fans work, was able to install the removed RAM? Tech support stated that the stop code showed "you have a failed PSU, you need to update your drivers?" My PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 1200 W. There are no LED lights!

HELP!

:)

str8nfast, Jul 11, 2018

2. Stop Code - apc mismatch

Hello,

Follow the steps listed by
    Reymichael Ros

Smittychat., Jul 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

stop code

Hi,

Conflicts with the hardware driver is one of hte possible reasons why you are having a blue screen error with stop code, NTFS.sys. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Can you provide us the complete stop code message?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    to resolve blue screen issues.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stop code oxc0000218 - Similar Threads - stop code oxc0000218

2. windows stop code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stop code: All info on the stop code recovery is trash. I need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stop-code/e8f8f029-e9d4-47e5-b06a-b166e32a5b9c
  3. Windows stop Code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows stop Code: How to fix windows stop code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stop-code/97e93bc8-23b8-4f96-bc01-9821e5ce44ee
  4. windows stop code????

windows stop code????: I keep getting this windows stop code that the critical process died?? This morning the computer did this four times before I could finally get online. How do I fix this?? Please help. It also says when this happens about windows insider build. Should I remove insider build?...
  5. Windows Stop Code.

Windows Stop Code.: My damn computer is getting a blue screen occasionally saying that it has an error and has to turn off. On the blue screen it tells me to go to windows stop screen. When I go there it says there is no such website. I need help. Thanks.....
  6. Windows stop code

Windows stop code: I keep getting http://windows.com/stop code error on dell inspirion 5559 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stop-code/31ad1051-6774-42c6-b684-8c20e5709571
  7. windows stop code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows stop code: Hi i Have a problemm i let chrome opened and after a time the laptop stoping and i see a green screen with a message windows stop code u need restart what i do for not come this error??tank you i have laptop hp with windows 10...
  8. Windows Stop Codes

Windows Stop Codes: PC has crashed several times with the following stop codes. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISTION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION...
  9. window stop code

window stop code: my computer keep shouting down what is stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-stop-code/b7fef51d-b0f6-43ff-b567-af8e0caf2591
  10. Windows Stop Code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Stop Code: I am getting a Windows Stop Code Qcamain10x64.sys. And then getting the blue screen and my computer reboots. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stop-code/f3b6ef76-1d34-4af1-bc07-bc144cc72137

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error oxc0000218

2. stop code oxc0000218