Windows 10: Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

Discus and support Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I think I saw something like this when windows 10 first came out, and have reinstalled it over the weekend.

There is a clue to the problem in that the Disk activity changes, but I am suffering from a ShellExperienceHost filter issue (that I have no idea what it's about) which I posted an issue on fixing in another thread.

Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes... [​IMG]

Anyway, note the disk spike and that during such intervals, which seem to happen several minute appart, I cannot type a darn thing on the PC.

:)

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016

2. My Keyboard stops working after a few minutes.

I followed instructions, and a window popped up stating keyboard driver is up to date. My keyboard randomly stops working correctly, and the keys start performing different functions. For example, when pressing the ESC key the start menu pops up. After
    a little while, the keyboard goes back to normal.

HaleyGilbert, Apr 17, 2016
  3. My Keyboard stops working after a few minutes.

Hi everybody,

I was facing a similar issue. For me, this was with a stand-alone keyboard. (A Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard). It worked normally for a few minutes after it was power cycled. Then after 5 minutes, the keyboard would be dead, even though all the drivers
    were working as normal, and there were no error messages.

The problem turned out to be one of the function buttons at the top of the keyboard. The F9 key had been pushed down in such a way that it was not popping back up. The button doesn't do anything normally, so there was no sign that anything was amiss, but,
    after some number of minutes, the keyboard would shutdown entirely.

Once I pressed the key, it popped up as normal, and the keyboard was working normally once again.

SirCedDiego, Apr 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I showed you how to remove the filter in your other thread. Post a new view of what is causing your disk activity and we will see if we can pinpoint the culprit.

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    OK, filter cleared itself somehow. This is what I see during the interval:

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  6. SOHO1 Win User
    New view

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    You seem to have some very high response times. If you click on the Disk tab at the top you can explore this a little more. See my view below:

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  8. SOHO1 Win User

Yeah, this reinstall of Windows 10 has restored all the sins of Win10 and few graces. It tooks months for me to track down all the various known registry fixes etc to get it working optimally.

Having said that, Skype was a recent re-install (one of the lost apps from reinstalling Windows. It's something I use everyday, but I have now uninstalled it and was hoping that was the culprit, but no.... even as I was posting this, I see the problem again. NOTE: response times seem to jack up during this interval.

NOTE: THIS IS A SSD drive.

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  9. SOHO1 Win User
    UPDATE: I have turned off Cortana, something I did before the reinstall, but didn't get around to this weekend. Waiting on results.

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  11. SOHO1 Win User
    So, I was about to say that my keyboard is no longer hijacked or freezing or going unresponsive.

but then some Cortana process kicked in and BAM! locked up again. I followed Brink's tutorial to turn the thing off, but it seems some of her still haunts me.

SOHO1, Apr 17, 2016
  12. SOHO1 Win User
    OK, I'll look a bit more, but all bets are off now. I just popped $200 for a copy of Win7 pro , shipping, etc. from Dell for this Inspiron that's still < 1/2 year old. Win10 has been interesting, but this is just not very productive. Thanks, Cortana. I think you learned something since the first time I turned you off. You learned how to fight me back the second time.

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes... - Similar Threads - stops listening keyboard

2. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  3. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  4. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  6. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  9. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  10. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes: Been using Security Essentials, Windows 7, for several years, no problems. Today its behavior has changed. Every few minutes it goes from green to red, service has stopped. I restart, it restarts, goes back to green, life is good. For a few minutes. Then it stops again. I...