Windows 10: Windows store app auto updates

Discus and support Windows store app auto updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Windows store app auto updates

Is anyone else finding the store nothing short of hopeless with regard auto app updates. The process works because some apps do update. But the amount of times they also get stuck is ridiculous. I'll often go into the store on my PC and sometimes manually do a check for updates. But as I go to the downloads and updates tab I quite often see a couple of apps stuck updating at 0.1 and nothing seems to bump the along (even exiting the store) unless I press the cross to stop it and then recheck for updates whereupon said updates will re appear and I can initiate a manual update which seems to work. I notice the actual native MS apps are the most prone. I even got offered an update for Twitter which was stuck. I don't even have that one installed! It just seems plain buggy to me. Do you think I am better off turning auto updates off

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 7, 2016
  2. chnwmram Win User

windows store not working,build in apps not working

I am launch Windows Store from task bar

"Do you have apps auto updating (May be in the middle of an update)?"

No

chnwmram, Feb 7, 2016
  3. srd2YO Win User
    auto updating

should i auto update the apps in the store?will it slow down my pc? is it ok if i put the auto updation on or off?

srd2YO, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Windows store app auto updates

1. Windows store app auto updates - Similar Threads - store app auto

2. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  3. Microsoft Store Auto-Updates Not Working

Microsoft Store Auto-Updates Not Working: All three of my kids have identical Asus gaming laptops. One of the laptops refuses to do auto-updates from the Microsoft Store for all the installed games and apps. The other two laptops auto-update just fine. All three are configured identically, but the one refuses to...
  4. microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .: my microsoft store is keep updating app but even i have disable auto update in setting . and the gaming service always show me installing and all update are showing pending .without my permission even i cancel them but after sometime, maybe 1 or two minutes it show that...
  5. Microsoft Store not auto updating apps

Microsoft Store not auto updating apps: This is a bit of an odd one. Microsoft Store on my PC hasn't auto updated any apps or games since around some time in April. This includes built-in apps as well as 3rd party apps. Clicking Get Updates in the Store finds no new app updates either. However, if I manually...
  6. Microsoft Store not auto updating apps

Microsoft Store not auto updating apps: This is a bit of an odd one. Microsoft Store on my PC hasn't auto updated any apps or games since around some time in April. This includes built-in apps as well as 3rd party apps. Clicking Get Updates in the Store finds no new app updates either. However, if I manually...
  7. Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn of Auto update apps in store: I want to turn off auto update apps in Microsoft store but it says contact your system admin about changing this setting. [ATTACH] But I'm the only user on this computer, how can I fix that?...
  8. Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store

Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store: How to disable auto updates for a particular apps in Microsoft Storew?I want to disable Armoury Crate auto updates from Microsoft Store but want auto update for other apps. How to do it? Thanks....
  9. Store updates on PC, auto or manual?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Store updates on PC, auto or manual?: What do people advise as best practice for the store updates? Do you recommend automatic or manual. I just switched mine onto manual because a couple of native apps got screwed up on some user accounts after some auto updates that got stuck, cancelled by me and then re...
  10. Auto app updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto app updates: How do auto updates work in the store? I noticed when I went into it there were some updates showing for things like calculator and one note. The progress bar indicated they were fully downloaded but they didn't seem to be disappearing from the list or installing themselves....