Windows 10: Windows store app question

Discus and support Windows store app question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When you uninstall a Windows store app, is the uninstallation process different than from a desktop program? What I mean is, just say I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by templar, Oct 26, 2017.

1. templar Win User

Windows store app question

When you uninstall a Windows store app, is the uninstallation process different than from a desktop program?

What I mean is, just say I have a desktop program that I choose to uninstall, then basically it will call the uninstaller that was created by the programs developer. Usually they do a reasonable job, but some developers don't like you uninstalling their programs, so they make a not very effective uninstaller that can leave a lot behind. Hence the usefulness of programs like Revo.

My question is that I've heard Windows Store Apps are sandboxed etc. When you uninstall them, does it perform the uninstall it via the programmer's uninstaller or does Windows actually perform the uninstalling?

Sorry if the question sounds dumb, but I'm not fully clued in on all the functions of Windows apps and it's something I've always wanted to know.

:)

templar, Oct 26, 2017

2. App Store will not open

You did not answer my question. I said that my Windows App Store will not open. Not through xbox live or the store app. Why won't it open? If I wanted to download anything new I can't. Please answer my question as to why
    store app wont open.

KierstenSteele, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Questions about Windows Store Apps

Hi,

Sorry to mention that it is not possible.

The purchase that we make for an app is only subjected to one particular account with which you have associated it.

Hope it helps.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 26, 2017
  4. Windows store app question

Yes, it is different and yes, Windows does the job, that is the reason, why it is so difficult to get rid of store apps.
    With a desktop app, you could simply use a force removal, but not with store apps. MS wants/force us to use them.

TairikuOkami, Oct 26, 2017
  5. templar Win User
    Thanks for your reply TairikuOkami.

templar, Oct 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    There's a fundamental difference in the programming model used for universal apps.
    They don't use exe's, dll's or the registry.
    Nor do they exist in the same space as 'desktop' programs that you might uninstall with the aid of Revo or other such programs.

They are also updated automatically (and quite frequently) as you've probably noticed.

dalchina, Oct 28, 2017
  7. templar Win User
    Cheers Dalchina! *Thumbs

templar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows store app question

1. Windows store app question - Similar Threads - store app question

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  4. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  5. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  6. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

7. Windows Store Question

Windows Store Question: Information: I almost never visit the Windows Store, but I was led to it the other day while trying to download a temporarily free game (The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game) for my son. That being said, I do have a question. I have my computer setup w/2 users: Local...
  8. Store App Question

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store App Question: I purchased a $5.00 file app the other day, it's not what I thought it was, I got no use for it, looked into returning it, look's like not returnable, I'm not sweating a five spot, turn's out the wife would like to have the app, so my question is , is it possible to give the...
  9. A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps: 1) Is it possible to move an existing app which is installed from an internal HDD to an External HDD? 2) Is it possible to download apps to an external HDD but use those apps on another Windows 10 PC? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/N4WW4F [link] [comments]...
  10. Question about Apps from store.

Question about Apps from store.: If I download and install free App thats not normally with Win 10 Pro 1703 from store to test if I like it, will it install like any other program, and can I easily uninstall it like before with other programs, or will it be difficult to remove cleanly-? 94155