Windows 10: Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

Discus and support Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] I keep being asked to sign into another account, which isn't the main account for my machine. It's a second account I got suggested on here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scoobiesnacks, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account [​IMG]
    I keep being asked to sign into another account, which isn't the main account for my machine. It's a second account I got suggested on here to set up to try to resolve problems with windows apps not loading. Problem is I've forgotten the password for the other account. I don't see why I should be using it anyway

My main account doesn't seem to have adminstrator permissions, even though it indicates it should have.

Related to the above for a very long time now I have been having problems starting windows apps like photos and calculator , they open and immediately close, and this was before I started having the sign in prompts. Windows store troubleshooter can't fix this problem

My windows is up to date. I have no system restore points.

My WindowsApps folder is greyed out, which suggests to me I have permissions problems. When I click on it, it asks me to sign into the other account, which isn't my main account and I've forgotten the password to it anyway.

When I go to inspect my account type in user account, it asks me to sign into the other account which I can't do because I don't know the password.

In summary, my main microsoft account seems to have lost administrator status, whilst I second account I set up seems to have become the only administrator on the PC.

I tried resetting the password for the second account and it just takes me down a route of resetting my main microsoft account which I don't want to do. That seems to suggest the 2 accounts are the same which doesn't make any sense to me.

Big Update: By signing into a 3rd account I now seem to have managed to grant and recover administrator access to my main account so I have admin back, but my windows apps folder is still greyed out and I'm still having problems opening windows store apps.

The picture shows the latest state of play.

My thoughts are what I need to do is change permissions on the WinApps folder?

:)

scoobiesnacks, Aug 4, 2018

2. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 App Store asking deleted account password

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to remove the account from your system and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Menu

• Select Settings

• Click on Accounts

• Right click on the account which you want to remove

• Click on remove
    By performing the above steps you can remove the account from your system.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, perform the troubleshooting steps given below.

Note: If you have signed in to the computer using a Microsoft account and try to visit the store the store will use the default sign in credentials to automatically sign in.

• Press the Windows key
      + X on the key board.

• Click on Control panel

• Click on Credential manager

• You may click on Web credentials and remove any online information and Windows Credentials to remove any Microsoft account and user account information accordingly.

Once you made changes, restart the computer and try to sign in to the store using the preferred account and check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

1. Windows Store Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account - Similar Threads - Store Apps won't

2. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  3. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  4. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account: Keep being asked to verify my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-being-asked-to-verify-my-microsoft-account/4361c590-bb5b-4be4-9dcc-94150b3ee679
  6. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in: I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in using my Microsoft account UserID, I get logged in without being asked for a password. This happens on all my PCs. When I go...
  7. Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In: Hi, I have problems with Windows 10 (Build 18351). All Microsoft apps - One Drive, Store, Outlook, Powerpoint etc. etc. keep asking me to sign into my Windows account whenever I open them, even though I am logged into my PC OK with the account. This has been going on for...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign-In Error: Asks for Windows store app

Microsoft Account Sign-In Error: Asks for Windows store app: Hi, When I try to sign into my Microsoft account, I get the following prompt: [ATTACH] When I click "Yes", I get the following: [ATTACH] Running a sfc scan doesn't find any integrity violations. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Jason...
  9. Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

Apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account: I keep being asked to sign into another account, which isn't the main account for my machine. It's a second account I got suggested on here to set up to try to resolve problems with windows apps not loading. Problem is I've forgotten the password for the other account. I...
  10. Multiple problems - apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account

Multiple problems - apps won't start , keep being asked to sign into another account: I keep being asked to sign into another account, which isn't the main account for my machine. It's a second account I got suggested on here to set up to try to resolve another problem. Problem is I've forgotten the password for the other account. I don't see why I should be...