Windows 10: Windows store black screen

Discus and support Windows store black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just checking all my apps today as I have just done a backup and found windows store not working. I have tried wsreset in an elevated command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by banger, Jan 11, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Windows store black screen

Just checking all my apps today as I have just done a backup and found windows store not working. I have tried wsreset in an elevated command prompt but no difference.

Windows store just comes up with a black screen then this, any fix (see screenshot).

Windows store black screen [​IMG]

:)

banger, Jan 11, 2016
  2. StuartQQ Win User

Unable to open photo app and Windows Store.

Original Title: Microsoft store + photos

When I try and open Microsoft Windows photos the application opens with a black screen then closes within a few seconds, the same happens for the store with a blue screen appearing.

StuartQQ, Jan 11, 2016
  3. pjsinjh Win User
    Windows 10 not displaying desktop

I appreciate all the suggestions, but I don't think you understand my situation. The screen is black. Except for the pointer, the screen is black and completely unresponsive to keyboard input. There is no way to open the Task Manager or Command Tool...the
    screen is black except for the pointer. It is not possible to open and view the ProgramData folder, or any other folder....the screen is black except for the pointer. Finally, the screen is black except for the pointer. It's as if Windows did not completely
    load at startup or the video driver is corrupt.

To put it another way, I can't shop in the store if the lights are off.

pjsinjh, Jan 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Suggestions :

1. Run system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

2. If above does not solve the problem, create a new user account with exactly the same privileges.
    The reason is to see if you have a corrupt user account.
    Logon to the new account and see if Windows Store will open.

davidhk, Jan 11, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Sfc found no integrity errors, but it must be a network problem as it just this minute sprang back into life and everything works fast now. Maybe a DDos?

banger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows store black screen - Similar Threads - store black screen

2. Black screen in amazon app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen in amazon app store: I have tried restart reinstalll app and reinstall os nothing workscould you please help whenever i install android subsystem all app shows black screen only...
  3. Black screen in amazon app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen in amazon app store: I have tried restart reinstalll app and reinstall os nothing workscould you please help whenever i install android subsystem all app shows black screen only...
  4. Windows black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen: Hi was wondering if anyone knows how to fix a black screen on windows ten I can see the task bar and nothing else and when I click on apps they show but the top part is cut out...
  5. Windows black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen: Since this morning, every time I turn on the computer after loading the motherboard, a black screen will go from there, it doesn't happen and I don't really know what to do, I don't want to lose my documents and photos that I have there....
  6. Windows black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen: Since this morning, every time I turn on the computer after loading the motherboard, a black screen will go from there, it doesn't happen and I don't really know what to do, I don't want to lose my documents and photos that I have there....
  7. Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen: Hello,I am using Windows 10 for a very long time on my system but today, an Update came for Windows Store and I installed it. After installing the update, I tried to open the Store but it does not open. So I decided to restart my system. After doing so, I just see a black...
  8. Windows Black Screen

Windows Black Screen: So this happened a week back. I followed the recommended the steps and I was able to get back my laptop in working condition. But the same problem occured yesterday, I had installed the new update the previous night, and the same fixes wouldn't work. I had to reinstall the...
  9. Windows black screen

Windows black screen: Whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down and entering my password, the screen goes black with the cursor. I can move the mouse cursor but I cannot do anything else. After a minute of being in this black screen mode, the screen goes to normal and displays my...
  10. Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!: Soo... today I updated windows to Build 1809 and as usual after the update is completed, I was about to sign in for the first time. I signed in and I was supposed to be greeted by some personalize setting stuff.. but instead BEHOLD the black screen of doom. My screen flashed...