Windows 10: windows store cache may be damaged

Discus and support windows store cache may be damaged in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've spent the few days trying to fix that issue, went all every solution that I saw, Including Ken's solution, scanned for corrupt files, did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by guykv, Oct 8, 2017.

1. guykv Win User

windows store cache may be damaged

Hi, I've spent the few days trying to fix that issue, went all every solution that I saw, Including Ken's solution, scanned for corrupt files, did DCIM, WSreser as admin, but the problem is still here.

Technical details:

Asus laptop, UX330UA
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    Built 15063.632.

Thanks for the help!

Guy

:)

guykv, Oct 8, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

Windows Store cache may be damaged

Go to Settings > Apps and select MS Store then Advanced options and select Reset.

neilpzz, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi Tomori,

This could have been caused by a corrupted files on your Windows Store.

To resolve your concern, we need to reset your Windows Store
    app by using a different method. To do this, type wsreset on your Cortana search box, and then click the application that will show up. This utility will reset the Windows Store cache in Windows 10. Just wait until the command-line window finished
    resetting the app.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Aldwin Ale, Oct 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 8, 2017
  5. guykv Win User
    Hi, Yes, I did Part 1 & 2, downloaded the Cab file which said the it fix the problem - but it didn't.
    The problem is that the Home Screen & the App screen has gray rectangles, but games is Okay.

I have ESET anti virus, and I saw in some threads that Flash player might cause the problem.
    I tried a different account, but the results.

what shell I try next?

Thanks,
    Guy

guykv, Oct 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    - were the same?

Ok, I'll assume that..

- is that a description of your Start Menu? Or something else as well..

And assuming you've no useful System Restore points... (if you have, try that)..

Try an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all programs and data and most settings.

What is your current build?
    Windows key + R, winver

You need a Win10 iso or bootable medium of the same base build and language as your current OS (and of course x64 if x64 etc)
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Installation Upgrade Tutorials

dalchina, Oct 8, 2017
  7. guykv Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks for the answer, this is what happen when you try to give technical data after a night without a sleep...*Wink

1. Yes, I meant that the new user also has the same problems...

2. What I meant was that in the windows store, the Home tab & the App tab has the same gray issue, but on the Game tab, I don't have any gray rectangles problem.

I saw in one forum that people asked if Adobe Flash Player is installed, and I have that player, however I was not able to see how to uninstall it.
    Could it be the issue?

My full details:
    Asus laptop, UX330UA
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1703
    Built 15063.632.

Before going to in place upgrade, anything else to try?

Thanks,
    Guy

guykv, Oct 9, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, thanks, as I mentioned- if you have any System Restore points...

Well, Flash player is a browser extension...

I quite often find that it's easy to spend a lot of time trying to find a fix for certain types of problems, and it's quicker and a whole lot less demanding to do the in-place upgrade repair. This looks like one of those.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2017
  9. guykv Win User
    Hi, indeed, but the problem that my laptop was bought with Windows 10 installed on it & I don't have the installation media & on top of it, I'm now on a business trip so I cannot risk my self with a non working PC.

Any ideas?

thanks,
    Guy

guykv, Oct 9, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Win 10 installation media are freely downloadable when convenient (e.g. see Tutorial section here- use Microsoft Media Creation tool).

I'll leave that with you.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2017
  11. guykv Win User
    That is too much even for me...

I reset my laptop, loaded it they it was at day 1, windows store worked perfectly.

After all windows updated was done - the same shit happens!

I don't know if it might help, but at first, windows store icon was blue, now it is white...

What next...?

Can it be that Asus update did something?

Didn't install nothing yet, and I have Macfee AV that came with the laptop.

Guy

guykv, Oct 9, 2017
  12. guykv Win User
    Any ideas please?

Thanks,
    Guy

guykv, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows store cache may be damaged - Similar Threads - store cache may

2. how to resolve cache data damage issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to resolve cache data damage issue?: i already done all the things trouble shooting, reset, command promptadmin. the issue is not resolved please tell me how to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-cache-data-damage-issue/ba7dce97-11c9-4e34-9292-7dce37f9ba9a
  3. how to resolve cache data damage issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to resolve cache data damage issue?: i already done all the things trouble shooting, reset, command promptadmin. the issue is not resolved please tell me how to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resolve-cache-data-damage-issue/ba7dce97-11c9-4e34-9292-7dce37f9ba9a
  4. how to resolve cache data damage issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Store Cache may be damage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Store Cache may be damage: Apps like Calculator will open and then close immediately. Microsoft edge does the same thing. So does some other apps. I have run app troubleshooter and get the following: Windows Store Cache may be damaged I have tried the Powershell solution and it worked temporarily...
  6. Microsoft store cache

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store cache: Hi All, I am trying to download an update of Disney Magic Kingdoms. When I go to the App Store I get a never ending loop of download / install / download /install ... If I cancel the download and run the app, it says it needs to be updated and sends me back to the app...
  7. hey my windows store cache is damaged

hey my windows store cache is damaged: i ran the windows 10 store troubleshooter.it resets the cache but it says that it didn't get fixed.what should I do 92987
  8. STORE cache corruption

STORE cache corruption: Store apps work fine yet STORE apps troubleshooter reports that "Windows STORE cache may be damaged/corrupted." Despite the following measures the error is "not fixed." STORE has been reset (WSRESET). STORE apps have been reregistered. (Get-AppXPackage | Foreach...
  9. Live tiles doesn't work, maybe damaged store cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tiles doesn't work, maybe damaged store cache: many live tiles of my start menu doesn't work (msn news, store), i checked the win throubleshooting and say me that cache is damaged, what can i do for fix this? i also saw that if i uninstall msn news, and i reinstall again without open it, the tile work, when i open it the...
  10. Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

in Windows 10 Support
    Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged: I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05. That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be...