Windows 10: Windows Store Crash On Start Up

Discus and support Windows Store Crash On Start Up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So its been some weeks maybe my store application wont launch, when I open it, it shows the splash screen then suddenly closed itself without any error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yellowragz, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Windows Store Crash On Start Up

So its been some weeks maybe my store application wont launch, when I open it, it shows the splash screen then suddenly closed itself without any error code or something. I've tried to clear LocalCache folder, Powershell command didn't solve my problem, even wsreset.exe returns error popup "ms-windows-storePurgeCaches the application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fing the problem". And now the store and other metro application's tile like photos are grayed with exclamation mark. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for my bad English *Smile

:)

yellowragz, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Steve Jo Win User

Windows store not working - wsreset doesn't fix it; store trouble shooter doesn't fix it - life is too short!

Update - now also run DSIM - it completed successfully but no change to Store behaviour.

Created and logged into a new local user account - All was OK. new app downloaded fine.

Signed out and returned to my usual Microsoft account. Store crashed on start up. WSreset. Store ran and successfully downloaded an App!

However it crashes again next time I start it up - Wsreset fixes it - downloads work - crashes again when I start it up again... repeat untilpatience expires or life intrudes.

Some progress but i really shouldn't be having to think about a batch file with wsreset as line 1 to successfully open and use the Windows Store.

Any ideas?

Steve Jo, Nov 9, 2015
  3. App store has crashed

The App Store in Windows 10 has crashed on start up

When I go to try to open the app store it acts like it is opening and then it crashes and stops opening

Any help with a work around or fix would be much appreciated

Or a reset button would be nice

And this is on a Windows 10 not a windows 8.1

Stephen J. Mayer, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Store Crash On Start Up

Almighty1, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Thanks for your reply Almighty1, the event log said "Activation of the app Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked with error 0x80073CFC because its package is in state: 64.", for change windows permission Im afraid to do that because Im afraid it makes my system become unstable

yellowragz, Nov 10, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Changing windows permissions will not make your system unstable. All you are doing is adding permissions to the folders.

Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015
  7. After I checked, all permissions for folder and registry are correct like the link you gave me

yellowragz, Nov 10, 2015
  8. Alexx Win User

Yeah, got the same problem, tried the same actions - but didn't help.

Alexx, Nov 10, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Hmm, the registry and folder permissions actually don't exist for some of them so you have to add them. Are your other Windows default apps working?

Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015
  10. Alexx Win User
    No, none of the apps is working.

Alexx, Nov 10, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
    Try this following command in a Adminstrative PowerShell:

Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote]

Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015
  12. Alexx Win User
    Got bunch of errors, e.g.:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D10, The deployment operation failed because the package
    targets the wrong processor architecture.
    Windows cannot install package Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00 because the package requires architecture ARM, but this
    computer has architecture x64.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-17c4-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-17c4-5bcbb31cd101
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*\appxmanifes ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict
    validation.
    Windows cannot install resource package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the app package it requires
    could not be found. Ensure that the app package is installed before installing the resource package
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-b9c4-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-b9c4-5bcbb31cd101
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates, dependency or conflict
    validation.
    Windows cannot install resource package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the app package it requires
    could not be found. Ensure that the app package is installed before installing the resource package
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-c2c4-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-c2c4-5bcbb31cd101
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    Merge Failure : error 0x80004005 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1510.13020.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    package because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1510.9020.0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0006-cdf7-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0006-cdf7-5bcbb31cd101

validation.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-01c9-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-01c9-5bcbb31cd101

validation.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0000-69f8-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0000-69f8-5bcbb31cd101

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    Merge Failure : error 0x80004005 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1510.9020.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    package because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1510.9020.0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0000-4dfa-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0000-4dfa-5bcbb31cd101

validation.
    Windows cannot install resource package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the app package it
    requires could not be found. Ensure that the app package is installed before installing the resource package
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0002-3913-5ccbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0002-3913-5ccbb31cd101

Merge Failure : error 0x80004005 : Cannot register the
    microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6306.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package because there was a merge failure with
    the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6306.42251.0_neutral_ru-ru_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-d3cb-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-d3cb-5bcbb31cd101

validation.
    Windows cannot install resource package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe because the app package it
    requires could not be found. Ensure that the app package is installed before installing the resource package
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-e7cd-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-e7cd-5bcbb31cd101

Merge Failure : error 0x80004005 : Cannot register the
    microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package because there was a merge failure with
    the following file: C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6306.42251.0_neutral_ru-ru_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-f6cd-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0005-f6cd-5bcbb31cd101

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher
    version of this package is already installed.
    Windows cannot install package Microsoft.ZuneMusic_3.6.10841.0_neutral_resources.scale-140_8wekyb3d8bbwe because it
    has version 3.6.10841.0. A higher version 3.6.15131.0 of this package is already installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0006-97fc-5bcbb31cd101 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID cb5b6d2d-1cb3-0006-97fc-5bcbb31cd101
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

Alexx, Nov 10, 2015
  13. Windows Store Crash On Start Up

Already did the poweshell command before and not work

yellowragz, Nov 11, 2015
  14. Almighty1 Win User
    At this stage, probably best to do a Windows in-place upgrade since you'll get build 10586 as well.

Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015
  15. After the latest update (Version 1511 Build 10586.3) the problem still exist *Sad

yellowragz, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Store Crash On Start Up - Similar Threads - Store Crash Start

2. Windows 11 crashes when start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes when start up: I have Lenovo LOQ15 Win11. After windows update, system performed an update and computer started to crash with a blue screen as soon as windows 11 opened. It generally crash 2 times then works normally. Can you help me to identify the problem and solution?...
  3. Windows 11 crashes when start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashes when start up: I have Lenovo LOQ15 Win11. After windows update, system performed an update and computer started to crash with a blue screen as soon as windows 11 opened. It generally crash 2 times then works normally. Can you help me to identify the problem and solution?...
  4. Windows 11 repetitive start up crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 repetitive start up crash: I try to turn on my computer and tries to boot twice, I get into windows then it crashes. On third try it runs without issue. I go to the event viewer and under system I see a caution error and open it and this is what it says. It does this without fail every time I turn it...
  5. Windows 11 repetitive start up crash

Windows 11 repetitive start up crash: I try to turn on my computer and tries to boot twice, I get into windows then it crashes. On third try it runs without issue. I go to the event viewer and under system I see a caution error and open it and this is what it says. It does this without fail every time I turn it...
  6. windows 8.1 store refuses to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 8.1 store refuses to start up: trying to launch microsoft store in ages to download the microsoft whiteboard app. my problem is that whenever i try to launch the store program, it shows this up: i tried the wsreset.exe but that *literally* did nothing. has the support for winstore 8.1 ended? i thought of...
  7. windows 8.1 store refuses to start up

windows 8.1 store refuses to start up: trying to launch microsoft store in ages to download the microsoft whiteboard app. my problem is that whenever i try to launch the store program, it shows this up: i tried the wsreset.exe but that *literally* did nothing. has the support for winstore 8.1 ended? i thought of...
  8. Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Crash On Start Up(Windows 10): My sister built herself a desktop and forgive me Im not very tech savvy. But every time she turns on her newly built computer after installing windows 10 with a flash drive it crashes on start up. It will continuously do this unless I shut off the computer. Should I try and...
  9. Minecraft crash on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crash on start up: A few weeks ago I was able to play minecraft but not it seems i cannot. Whem I run the game it shows the mojang screen for a split second and then crashes. Any help would be appreciated thanks....
  10. Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start-up and random crashes.: I ran SFC and found errors that could not be fixed. here is one log entry: CSI 00000088 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice.. Any help?...