Windows 10: Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app

Discus and support Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't even get an error message. Just up and closes. I've been trying to install Killer Instinct for ages now. I'm signed into the store with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kr0w93, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kr0w93 Win User

Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app

I don't even get an error message. Just up and closes.

I've been trying to install Killer Instinct for ages now. I'm signed into the store with an MS account.

I don't even remember all my steps or everything I've done. I've spent the last night and a half just trying to get my PC working after a Win10 Reset.

:)

Kr0w93, Nov 25, 2016

2. When trying to install an app from wind we store it keeps saying I need to verify my email address

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

To resolve the issue, try the methods and check after each method. If the issue persists, post your reply with results and the queries as asked above.

Method 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

a) Press the Windows key + R keys.

b) In the Run window, type
    WSReset.exe
    and click “Ok”.

Method 2: Run App Troubleshooter.

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 25, 2016
  3. When trying to install an app from wind we store it keeps saying I need to verify my email address

Not too sure but the error code is 80860010

robertfraser-nellist, Nov 25, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Resetting should be a solution of last resort! For this problem, I would try these fixes first:

• Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter (as Admin) at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories
    • Run sfc /scannow from an Admin command prompt
    • Check if you have the same problem in another account. If this works, you probably have a corrupt user profile. There are instructions on the forum how to move your data to a new account/profile.
    • Use System Restore to restore to an earlier restore point
    • Restore from an earlier working backup. Start using something lke Macrium Reflect Free if you are not already backing up your system.
    • Do an in place repair install

Steve C, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Kr0w93 Win User
    Still no luck. Do you know what to make of this error?

Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app [​IMG]

Kr0w93, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Kr0w93 Win User
    Might as well keep trying.

Kr0w93, Jan 20, 2017
  7. tonez Win User
    Re-register Through Command Prompt

If your Store app crashes almost immediately after you see its loading screen with the Windows Store logo, try this fix first.
    *Smile.
    [*]Click the View tab and enable Hidden items.
    [*]OpenUsers\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache.
    [*]Select all the files and folders inside and hit Delete.
    [/list]
    Take Ownership of the WindowsApps Folder

If the Store app doesn’t launch and its Live tile is grayed out with an overlaid ‘!’, try the following.

• Open This PC in File Explorer and navigate to your Windows partition (usually C*Smile.
    • Click the View tab and enable Hidden items.
    • Open Program Files and look for the WindowsApps folder.
    • Right-click the folder and select Properties, then switch to the Security tab and clickAdvanced.
    • In the window that follows, under the Permissions tab, click the Change button in front of “Owner”.
    • In the next window, enter a portion of your Windows 10 username in the text field at the bottom, click Check Names to have Windows fetch it for you, then hit OK to set your user account as the owner of the folder.
    • Once you return to the previous window, remember to check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects option, then click OK.
    • Launch Store to check if it works, then change the owner of the WindowsApps folder toTrustedInstaller by returning to the “Select User or Group” window and entering NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller in the field at the bottom.

tonez, Jan 20, 2017
  8. Kr0w93 Win User

My store launches perfectly fine. I can even browse through it, normally. It just crashes whenever I try to download Killer Instinct.

Kr0w93, Jan 25, 2017
  9. JagoWU Win User
    Kr0w93,
    click start and type in WINVER and tell us if this is version 1511 or 1607 or Windows 10.

JagoWU, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app - Similar Threads - Store crashes trying

2. Microsoft store crashes when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store crashes when trying to install Minecraft Launcher: Hello,I'm frustrated, I spend 129zł on the game Minecraft and the Microsoft app is restraining me from even installing the game! When I click the download button it goes gray and I'm unable to do anything about it. When I search Minecraft Launcher and try to install it from...
  3. Microsoft store crashes when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store crashes when trying to install Minecraft Launcher: Hello,I'm frustrated, I spend 129zł on the game Minecraft and the Microsoft app is restraining me from even installing the game! When I click the download button it goes gray and I'm unable to do anything about it. When I search Minecraft Launcher and try to install it from...
  4. Microsoft store crashes when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  6. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  7. Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070005 when trying to install an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80070005 when trying to install an app.: I cant download anything from the Microsoft store, when I try to, It gets to the "Acquiring license" part and then it gives the 0x80070005 error. It also happened when I tried to install the Xbox app. I've tried these solutions and they didn't work: Reset MS in Apps &...
  8. 0x80070005 and 0x803FB107 Windows Store When Trying to Install New Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x80070005 and 0x803FB107 Windows Store When Trying to Install New Apps: Just like the title says, I genuinely cannot use the Windows Store. A couple days ago, I tried to run Forza Horizon 4 and I got some kind of error that I didn't have permission to run the game despite owning it, and then when I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it, I got the...
  9. Error 0x800700B7 when trying to install Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x800700B7 when trying to install Microsoft Store apps: I'm trying to install MS store apps, in particular, game services.. it hangs and says error 0x800700B7 after just a few seconds. I've tried various MS store reset techniques on here, but so far nothing has worked. I'm running win 10 1909, having just done the...
  10. App crashes when trying to print

App crashes when trying to print: Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app. I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur from the last Windows Update (yesterday)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my microsoft store crashes when i try to install something