Windows 10: Windows Store doesn't work with other user accounts

Discus and support Windows Store doesn't work with other user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings everyone: I'm running Windows 10 Home RTM 10240. I originally upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium on August 11, 2015 but because my Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Store doesn't work with other user accounts

Greetings everyone:

I'm running Windows 10 Home RTM 10240. I originally upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium on August 11, 2015 but because my Start Menu and Windows Store stopped working a few days ago, I had to do a in-place reinstall which fixed everything and all the apps including Windows Store and Start menu work on my only account on the system which is a Administrator account. However, when I create a new account, some of the apps don't work and usually, they can be fixed with downloading from Windows Store but unfortunately, Windows Store doesn't open in the newly created accounts, I have already tried the following:

I also found that apps reinstalled using in Administrative Powershell:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    will work as a app but the live tiles will not work and grey out even though it will open the app while
    reinstalling the apps individually in Administrator Powershell using the package names in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps will install the app completely and Live tiles will work, seems like the previous method is only partially installing each app using the Movies & TV App as a example:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_3.6.12711.0_x64__8we kyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeFiles

It appears that many sites are referencing C:\Windows\WinStore as the Windows Store app installation directory except it doesn't exist on my system as Windows Store is actually in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.8.25.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

It seems the above will only fix the apps on my original account but not on the other user accounts on the system. Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015

2. Windows Store doesn't work on other user accounts, but works with one user account

Hi! I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. I want to have 2 user accounts created, so I did. One administrator, and one standard user account. However, I noticed that the Windows Store doesn't work in the standard user account, while it works in
    the administrator account. When launching the Windows Store on the standard user account, it shows a message "This app can't open". I tried to delete that account and create a new one, but it shows the same result... Oddly enough, I noticed that the Windows
    Store icon on the taskbar of the administrator account is different from the standard user's taksbar. The Store's icon when in admin account is a black Store icon, while the standard account's is a blue Store icon. When launching the Windows Store in start
    menu of the standard user account, the Store tile turns grey.

I have already tried reinstalling Windows Store using the following instructions here: Content Removed (Windows)

Unfortunately, that didn't work...

Please help! This problem is really frustrating as this is my 1st time using Windows 10 and a problem already occurred.

mario62746, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Windows Store doesn't work on other user accounts, but works with one user account

Re-registering the Windows Store is what fixed my issue. Most online help forums only have you reset the windows store cache, not reregister it, and that is where I was stuck.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

MelissaHoughton, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

After some playing around, it appears that I can go to each account and run a Powershell (non-admin) and then do:
    Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<packagename>\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentModeFiles

and it will install the app and it'll work.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode} doesn't work as it seems like the apps are not fully installed since some of the apps won't open and some work but the live tiles don't work, not sure is it because it's also installing C:\Windows\SystemApps as well or not as when using this command, it will always say about 45 activities are not shown.

In any case, is there anyway to create a new user account and have all the default apps installed as what seems to happen now is that the start menu programs will show the apps but it's not installed for the user as clicking will do nothing while some of the default apps are actually installed for the user, for example, Windows DVD Player, Calculator and Candy Crush Saga are all installed and working.

Almighty1, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Store doesn't work with other user accounts - Similar Threads - Store doesn't user

2. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello: Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to run task manager or some other things requiring elevation it's because of our company GPO these prompts appear.But later...
  3. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello: Hello, so I have set face recognition and fingerprint sensor on my Lenovo Thinkpad and for some time I could use it for User Account Control prompts to run task manager or some other things requiring elevation it's because of our company GPO these prompts appear.But later...
  4. User Account Control doesn't work with windows hello

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. windows my other user account not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows my other user account not working: for post my other user not working and reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-my-other-user-account-not-working/a93ec8b9-61f5-4316-85d5-08522f596182
  8. Problem with other users of this account not working normally

Problem with other users of this account not working normally: My daughters accounts for Windows 10 does not work when you click the windows button at the home page. All other accounts/logins seem to work just fine. Does anyone or has anyone had this problem?...
  9. User Account Control Doesn't Work Properly!

User Account Control Doesn't Work Properly!: Help? *cry Windows 10 Pro x64 Problem caused after running this batch file to reset Windows Update Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials IlFXhjlzgw8 Also every time i'm starting my computer i'm getting this messege (I'm Clicking "Yes") [img]...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...